Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

That's just one of a few items being sold by poor old strontium71

blackmocco

Dang. Never noticed the username until you said it.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Simon Beigh

Graff Vynda K

Buttonman

Lovely copy of the last unpublished violent copy of Action - only 30 printed. Amazing that 'Suicide' is printed three times on the cover!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Action-comic-23rd-Oct-1976-ULTRA-RARE-ISSUE-30-copies-printed-FN-phil-comics-/271876254428?

Colin YNWA

More to the point that editorial by Steve McManus is the real shocker. Slagging off Marx Brothers movies no bloody wonder it was banned!

Spikes

Quote from: Buttonman on 22 May, 2015, 06:44:37 PM
Lovely copy of the last unpublished violent copy of Action - only 30 printed. Amazing that 'Suicide' is printed three times on the cover!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Action-comic-23rd-Oct-1976-ULTRA-RARE-ISSUE-30-copies-printed-FN-phil-comics-/271876254428?

Wow! That's lovely, isn't it.
Feel sorry for those folks that had letters, and drawings printed in that issue.. Least, they can see their handiwork now..

£510.00, at the minute. Wonder what it'll reach in just over 8 days time..

Buttonman

Good call - wonder if they received payment? I ran the visible names through the Beast but received no hits - guess Action wasn't a proving ground for 2000ad. Unless any readers know different!

maryanddavid

I would imagine they did, the comics were produced six weeks in advance of them appearing on the newsagents shelves. I'm pretty sure Steve didnt write the copy that went with his picture in Action, he just wrote about his stunts as Action Man, he didnt work for Action, he was a sub on Battle at the time.

japandroid

I know somebody who had 3 copies of this back in the early days of ebay and he had no idea they were that rare. He was a hardcore comic collector from London and generally he knew his stuff. I am very dubious about the 30 only info it's the kind of thing that could be discovered in a batch under someone's bed.

Tjm86

Quote from: Spikes on 22 May, 2015, 09:28:32 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 22 May, 2015, 06:44:37 PM

Wow! That's lovely, isn't it.
Feel sorry for those folks that had letters, and drawings printed in that issue.. Least, they can see their handiwork now..

£510.00, at the minute. Wonder what it'll reach in just over 8 days time..

Now up to £1240.  Chort Vozme!  Still six days to go.

EddieHitler

Quote from: japandroid on 25 May, 2015, 12:09:36 PM
I know somebody who had 3 copies of this back in the early days of ebay and he had no idea they were that rare. He was a hardcore comic collector from London and generally he knew his stuff. I am very dubious about the 30 only info it's the kind of thing that could be discovered in a batch under someone's bed.

I agree as I'm sure the people who were on the 'print run' or involved in the pulping of the comic must of helped themselves to a few issues?  Though how many survived as interest waned and the years went by and in what condition they are now can only be guessed at. 

Fungus

Quote from: Tjm86 on 25 May, 2015, 12:17:22 PM
Now up to £1240.  Chort Vozme!  Still six days to go.

'Probationer' is new to me. Great to see the bids getting into silly money now :) Quite right.

japandroid

Quote from: EddieHitler on 25 May, 2015, 12:22:38 PM
Quote from: japandroid on 25 May, 2015, 12:09:36 PM

I agree as I'm sure the people who were on the 'print run' or involved in the pulping of the comic must of helped themselves to a few issues?  Though how many survived as interest waned and the years went by and in what condition they are now can only be guessed at.
It does look a very nice copy but put into perspective it's going to sell for what a decent Spidey 1 costs.

Link Prime

Quote from: japandroid on 25 May, 2015, 06:55:41 PM
It does look a very nice copy but put into perspective it's going to sell for what a decent Spidey 1 costs.

Indeed.
And it's at £1420 this morning.

Someone out there is committing financial Suicide.