Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 May, 2015, 12:54:33 AM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 29 May, 2015, 06:51:05 PM
100% + premium on recent sales?  Methinks someone is not thinking too clearly.

I don't understand what this means?

I just shuddered when I aw that back page scan - I remember meticulously cutting up several progs and gluing them to card  to make a shit game that i could never persuade anyone to play more than once.

Up until recently they have been going for between £20 and £30.  £40 to £60 would be 100% extra on those prices.  I personally would question the wisdom of paying well above that for a comic that is frequently offered but that is a purely personal opinion.

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 30 May, 2015, 02:32:28 PM
Up until recently they have been going for between £20 and £30.  £40 to £60 would be 100% extra on those prices.  I personally would question the wisdom of paying well above that for a comic that is frequently offered but that is a purely personal opinion.
I'm not an expert on eBay, so is there some way of finding out how often a comic is offered for auction, and how much was paid?

Tjm86

Quote from: sheridan on 31 May, 2015, 12:46:20 AM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 30 May, 2015, 02:32:28 PM
I'm not an expert on eBay, so is there some way of finding out how often a comic is offered for auction, and how much was paid?

I've been watching closely since I've been toying with shoving up some duplicates I have from the first hundred issues.  Seeing what things are going / for has helped to determine if it is worth it.  I don't know if there is a ways of finding out but when listing eBay now gives suggestions of original listing prices based on previous sales.  I listed 72 and 73 a few weeks ago.  eBay suggested a tenner each, they both went for £25 each. 

Spikes

Quote from: Buttonman on 22 May, 2015, 06:44:37 PM
Lovely copy of the last unpublished violent copy of Action - only 30 printed. Amazing that 'Suicide' is printed three times on the cover!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Action-comic-23rd-Oct-1976-ULTRA-RARE-ISSUE-30-copies-printed-FN-phil-comics-/271876254428?

This has now ended, and the copy fetched a rather nice £2,555...
Never thought it would go as high as that, but in some ways i'm not totally surprised.
One of the good things about these high profile sales, is that it tends to get people rumaging through cupboards, and attic's. Be nice to see some related goodies, and rarities pop up, though no doubt a high price will be attached, now this has made the news...

So, did anyone on here snag this then? ;-)

Buttonman

Naw I bid for a few others but ended up with the last full year issues (the sanitised ones!) for £102 - not bad for £2 each - hopefully a good read and maybe a profit down the line!

japandroid

Quote from: Spikes on 31 May, 2015, 09:02:18 PM
Lovely copy of the last unpublished violent copy of Action - only 30 printed. Amazing that 'Suicide' is printed three times on the cover!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Action-comic-23rd-Oct-1976-ULTRA-RARE-ISSUE-30-copies-printed-FN-phil-comics-/271876254428?

This has now ended, and the copy fetched a rather nice £2,555...
Never thought it would go as high as that, but in some ways i'm not totally surprised.
One of the good things about these high profile sales, is that it tends to get people rumaging through cupboards, and attic's. Be nice to see some related goodies, and rarities pop up, though no doubt a high price will be attached, now this has made the news...

So, did anyone on here snag this then? ;-)
It's made the news? What, Sky News?
'So Phil, what are you gonna do with the money'?
'Well, Nick, like any sane person I'm gonna buy a nice Spidey 1'

Spikes

Quote from: Buttonman on 31 May, 2015, 10:10:23 PM
Naw I bid for a few others but ended up with the last full year issues (the sanitised ones!) for £102 - not bad for £2 each - hopefully a good read and maybe a profit down the line!

Good catch - nice to get 'em all in one fell swoop, and not a bad price, at all.
I gave some thought about trying for those, but funds must be spent elsewhere for the time being.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: japandroid on 31 May, 2015, 10:14:56 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 31 May, 2015, 09:02:18 PM

It's made the news? What, Sky News?
'So Phil, what are you gonna do with the money'?
'Well, Nick, like any sane person I'm gonna buy a nice Spidey 1'

Lets not get carried away. A Spidey 1 (assuming your meaning Amazing) gets you $10000 in half decent condition, so we're not quite there yet.

Mind you could get yourself about 100 Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-man 1 from around the same time, so yah know...

Geoff

For fans of Paul Marshall's Dredd.

There's a 2000ad cover from the recent Cascade story on ebay at the moment...

Link Prime

Quote from: Geoff on 02 June, 2015, 01:57:20 PM
For fans of Paul Marshall's Dredd.

There's a 2000ad cover from the recent Cascade story on ebay at the moment...

No-one likes a blabbermouth, Geoff!  ;)

Buttonman

Geoff

That's the one!

Sorry Link...sounds like you'd already spotted it  :D

Spikes

Is Link after it? I must outbid him!!

;)

But a nice piece, Paul's been selling a fair bit of his art lately. All good stuff, as well.

Link Prime

Skullmo

Ahhh nice -I think I'll bid

thanks for bringing it to my attention!
It's a joke. I was joking.