It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

Sadly, I know you're not even joking.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

Quote from: Buttonman on 02 June, 2015, 05:56:08 PM
This one?

Anyone here pick up that Paul Marshall Dredd cover?
Went for a pretty reasonable price in the end.

Noticed this last night; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kevin-ONeill-vintage-2000AD-Nemesis-The-Warlock-art-/321779545453?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aeb8e356d

Not everyday you see an O'Neill Nemesis page on the 'Bay.

Greg M.

Quote from: Link Prime on 12 June, 2015, 10:42:40 AM
Noticed this last night; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kevin-ONeill-vintage-2000AD-Nemesis-The-Warlock-art-/321779545453?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aeb8e356d

Yeah, I saw that too - if I wasn't semi-retired from collecting, I'd be tempted. Same seller also has a complete episode of Charley's War, as I expect many have noticed - again, I feel the pull, but I resist.

ming

Quote from: Greg M. on 12 June, 2015, 02:35:45 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 12 June, 2015, 10:42:40 AM

Yeah, I saw that too - if I wasn't semi-retired from collecting, I'd be tempted. Same seller also has a complete episode of Charley's War, as I expect many have noticed - again, I feel the pull, but I resist.

I think that this page sold previously (on eBay) for about £400 four or five years back; art price inflation at work!  A nice page, and if I wasn't (a) more retired than Greg and (b) not already blessed with an indecently lovely O'Neill cover I'd be chasing this one for sure.

Colin YNWA

Think is though even without Nemesis on it it'll go for more than £900 won't it? Its a bloody lovely page and looks immaculate.

Spikes

That complete Charley's War episode, he's also selling, is all kinds of lovely, isn't it.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Spikes on 12 June, 2015, 05:04:54 PM
That complete Charley's War episode, he's also selling, is all kinds of lovely, isn't it.

How, what, huh. I didn't think those pages ever saw the light of day... now I can't think of anything I could possibly say to my wife to make that dream a reality but bloody hell that's a bit special isn't. Particularly nice episode too. Bloody hell.

Every other page I'll see this year will surely pale into insignificence. Good luck if anyone here is sniffing around that.

In a fit of madness I've put a throw away bid on the Sinister Dexter page. Its as close as I'll ever get to bidding on those Charley War pages!

ManParrish

Joe C's artwork was the best I have ever seen over the many years I have read comics, a true legend

Tjm86

Quote from: ManParrish on 12 June, 2015, 10:18:20 PM
Joe C's artwork was the best I have ever seen over the many years I have read comics, a true legend

Amen.

If I had a spare couple of grand and thought I could sneak it past the wife ....

Dictionary definition of torture!

Woolly

Quote from: Tjm86 on 13 June, 2015, 05:52:15 AM
Quote from: ManParrish on 12 June, 2015, 10:18:20 PM

Amen.

If I had a spare couple of grand and thought I could sneak it past the wife ....

Dictionary definition of torture!

Never felt the urge to buy original artwork before, but after seeing these I'm seriously considering a bank loan! Honestly thought all the Charley's War pages were lost.

ming

Quote from: Link Prime on 16 June, 2015, 02:01:25 PM
Spider-Man / Dr. Strange by Brendan McCarthy, anyone?

Nice!