Main Menu

Jaw dropping Tele quotes.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 10 November, 2004, 03:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

I didnt really know where to put this but last night on VideoGaiden (Scottish games review show) they did a mock 80's review of Super Metroid on the SNES.

He called it Zarjaz AND Scrotnig!

Do I win a prize?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dark Jimbo

I don't know if this counts, but it's annoyed me for a while now. One of the most awful mistakes I ever saw occured on the Paul O' Grady Show (yeah, I know, my own fault for watching such tripe).

It was halloween so he was all done up in vampire get-up and they were doing the usual 'layman's introduction to the supernatural' guff that appears at that time of year.
Some bloke, supposedly a 'vampire expert', came on to talk about the novel Dracula, and where Bram Stoker got his ideas from. He talked about Vlad Tepes for a while, telling us when and where he had lived and how he'd put his enemies on spikes and the like, when a sepia photograph of Bram Stoker, in typical Victorian clobber, was put up on the tv screen between them.

'Is that him?' slurred cheeky-chappy Paul. 'Is that Vlad the Impaler?'

'Yeah, that's him,' the so-called vampire expert replied, without blinking.

'Ooh my god, he's so scary!' Paul cried in mock-horror, 'you wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night, etc, etc', while the audience roared with laughter.

'No, you wouldn't', agreed the 'expert.' 'He was a nasty bloke.'

It went on for another good five minutes, not one person picking up on the fact that, given Vlad the Impaler died in the 15th century, it was highly unlikely they would have been able to unearth a photograph of him.
@jamesfeistdraws

Richmond Clements

You know what fucks me off about this vampire thing..? (slightly off topic, but I need to unburden myself)
It's not fucking garlic- read the book you cunts! It's garlic flowers!

Back on topic- on East Enders last week the mental boy, Ian's son whatever his name is, was explaining to the orange girl Stacey how he was a fan of comics and Preacher was great. Then she said something about him being a wierdo or something. He should have stabbed her right there and then.
I would have.

Dark Jimbo

on East Enders last week the mental boy, Ian's son whatever his name is, was explaining to the orange girl Stacey how he was a fan of comics and Preacher was great. Then she said something about him being a wierdo or something. He should have stabbed her right there and then.

I saw that! Think he mis-sold Preacher somewhat, but it's nice to think that there's still someone on the Eastenders staff who reads comics (Si Spencer, or is he long gone?).
We can add that to Minty's reading a Megazine and Grant Mitchell's 'Who do you think you are? Judge Dredd or something?'
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Is Ian Beale's nutter son the biggest nerk in christendom or what?  I'm constantly reminded of Adam Buxton's death-metal character in Rush Hour, or the rich kid Rex in Love and Rockets X.

satchmo

Can anyone remember the fanboy character on Neighbours, Lance I think he was called.
He met his really cute girlfriend at a Star Trek convention.

soap operas are so unrealistic :)