Main Menu

I Haven't Smoked in 15 Day and I feel horrible

Started by critter, 04 June, 2005, 10:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+rufus+

Good luck, i stopped smoking ten years ago, and I still reach for nonexistant packs whenever I get stressed...ie- every day!
:-) r

Funt Solo

critter-dude, I've been smoking solidly now for 17 years - tips for the first 4 years and roll-ups since then.

If I don't pay attention, I reckon I must chain my way through about 30-40 of the little buggers each day.  In fact, I've just put one out and feel like having another one.

I've got a thick yellow callous on one of my fingers where it holds the little devils, and my dentist tells me that the acidic content of the smoke is helping to rot my teeth away.

I'm pretty sure I've been suffering from low-grade bronchitis pretty much constantly for the past few years.  Every morning I wake up and cough up a nice healthy lump of gunky brown flem.  Sometimes it feels like I'm about to drown in it.

I tend not to belly laugh anymore because it usually results in a loud painful wracking cough that (unpleasantly in social situations) brings up more flem.

If I carry on like this I'll probably end up utterly fucking my lungs and drowning in gunk, assuming I don't get throat cancer and end up speaking like a robot.

Fuck feeling fluish - and carry on with the giving up.  After 15 days without, it would taste shit, you'd get dizzy (which is a crap high, as they go) and you'd end up right back at square one.

Well done so far.  Some rich tobacco baron fucker is slightly less wealthy because of your decision.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

therev

I stopped smoking for 3 months cos I had a DVT.
I'm now smoking again, feel alot more relaxed. Mind you I don't smoke unless I drink...that could be something to do with it.

Quirkafleeg

I gave up years ago and could smoke one right now... but I know it would taste like shite and the frecking price of the them now!

(and the great news is if you started young enough - like 14 or so - and smoke low tar - you suck harder on them so the smoke goes deeper in the lungs - you are basically frecked)

VampiraJen

[jen sings]

i haven't drank or smoked anything in over twenty two days so get of of my case! get off  of my case

GET

OFF

OF

MY

CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/jen sings]

Floyd-the-k

Go Jen!  I will avoid your case like the plague.

yours saving up for all sorts of irrelevant comicsy stuff* with his smoking money

*specifically the Wagner/Mills Dr Who collection...is this wise?

Trout

Dunno, Floyd, but probably.

Congratulations to all fellow quitters.

I now haven't had a cigarette for more than nine months, and it has made a huge difference to my quality of life. I can do stairs!

- Trout

Max Kon

I quit smoking today.

The fact that i've never smoked before should not detract for the greatness of my achivement!

:P

Dark Jimbo

Well done, Max. Your story was an inspiration. I've never smoked either, but your example was so impressive that I've decided to quit today as well!
@jamesfeistdraws

Trout

I'm going to set both of you on fire, as an inspiration to other evil people.

- Trout

Max Kon

But i thought you were evil, so how would setting us on fire be an example to yourself?

Surely it is a good thing to pledge never to smoke?

Matt Timson

"I tend not to belly laugh anymore because it usually results in a loud painful wracking cough that (unpleasantly in social situations) brings up more flem."

Judas wept, man- give the fuckers up!
Pffft...

Something Fishy

i gave up 5 years ago too.. and am bloody glad i did. stick with it.. you will feel better and save a bucket of cash.

Dark Jimbo

Heh heh, sorry Trouty, couldn't resist being facetious - but seriously, well done everyone who's quit/trying to, and stick with it! You know it'll be worth it in the long run.

Umm... does this mean I'm now excused being burnt to death?
@jamesfeistdraws