Main Menu

Judgement Day: It's just like you said

Started by Floyd-the-k, 09 June, 2005, 08:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamboy

Well I've always wanted to read the story and even after Floyd saying he didn't really like it I'd still like to give it a read, I remember the lead up to it(in a friend 2000AD i didn't collect at that time) they had adds anouncing "This Summer 5 Billion people will die" or some such thing. How can that be a bad thing? I suppose there wasn't much of an aftermath for suckh a huge thing in Dredds world, infact its not even mentioned in the strip now.

CU Krestel

Funt Solo

Yes, Mega-City Two has sort of been brushed under the carpet since.

Turning half the planet into a zombie army always grated with me as a cheap way to produce an enemy.  Mind you, I was never keen on the Sisters of Death, either.  Two projected spirits from another dimension take over MC-1?  Pah.  Then there was McGruder with a beard.  Pah.

The Pit was the first epic since The Apocalypse War that wasn't trying to outdo it.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Floyd-the-k

it does have its moments. It's definitely better than Time Flies, although that's not difficult.

yours surprised at how many people like Judgement Day

The Monarch

Judgement day was bad really bad I mean lets kill half of the important world Judge characters but keep the annoying funny irish character...

Hell even Judge Armour the first EVER brit cit judge we ever saw was killed off panal!

Judge Bruce a favourite character from the Oz story is killed as well and while Sadus death was quite good it still felt like a waste

House of Usher

Like Will, I never considered Cal to be entirely a comedy character. When I read The Day The Law Died in weekly parts at the age of 8, I thought he was very scary as well as a total loon.

They really kept the suspense going in that series; it was desperately thrilling.
STRIKE !!!

Dark Jimbo

Although some knock it, IMO John Wagner is an absolute master at the very blackest comedies. His Dredd is always funny and witty, but rarely camp, ludicrous or just plain dumb. The humour of his characters comes from brilliant observations of all our little idosyncracies and human flaws, made poignantly sad and sometimes beautifully funny - Cal was funny because he was Cal, not for the sake of being funny.

Like, for instance, the addition of a 'hilarious' talking cloak (although i admit Dennis the Menace did make me chuckle.)
@jamesfeistdraws