Main Menu

LOTR: Return of the King

Started by Dunk!, 18 December, 2003, 03:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Went and saw it yesterday.

Staggering. A visual feast that does do what the hype says and surpasses the other two.

But I'm a biased LOTR fan viewing it with rose-tinted glasses, what do other boarders think?
"Trust we"

Woolly

Its absolutely spanking!
Definately the best of the three, and i simply cannot wait for the extended edition.

If Peter Jackson doesnt win an oscar for this, then there simply isnt any justice!

Wul

judge dreddd

definate 'down english cinema' job, lotr...its christmas tradition now init...

Woolly

Did you read the thing in Metro about a week ago to coincide with the premiere?

It mentioned the chances of The Hobbit getting made.
Peter Jackson said he wanted to do it, Sir Ian McKellen said he wanted to do it, Andy Serkis said he wanted to it and New Line said they had the rights to film it and THEY wanted to do it!

Only one snag, someone else has the distibution rights. But New Line admitted they are currently negotiating a deal to get all the rights.

To say 'fingers crossed' would be an understatement!

Jared Katooie

ukdane

I've been told that PJ's original cut for ROTK was over 6 hours, but he had to make further cuts to get it to just under 3? hours.

Wonder how long he'll make the extended version?
I'm up for watching a 6 + hour film (if it's as good as people say the 3+ hour film is).

I haven't seen any of them in the cinema. I'm in two minds whether to see this one, or wait for the Extended version, which I did with the other 2- plus by then I might have finished reading the books!
Cheers

-Daney

Tex Hex

The Army of the Dead was not what I was expecting. Sometimes the camera panned too far back and made it all look like a big game of He-Man. And it had a lame effect at the end with sam (frodo?) on Mount Doom. These things aside, it was amazing. Really really amazing. Its all a bit of a blur right now as there is so much to take in.

hex

Mk13

Krustabi

Contrary to my comments previous, I'll probably end up seeing it.

Leigh S

Most importantly, has anyone asked Ian Holm?

paulvonscott

The hobbit could be a massive film in it's own right, I mean, big battle, big fuck off dragon. I love the hobbit, so I hope they have a go!

Danny Franks

I saw ROTK last night too, what a great movie! I'll probably end up going to see it again too!

The Amstor Computer

No spoilers, please, but could someone who's read the book & seen the film tell me one thing - is the final fate of the Ring in the film the same as in the book?

Dan Kelly

El Spurioso

Just saw the film.

Very very good.  Like the other two films, there were one or two moments of utter ridiculous cheesiness, but on the whole it's very cool.

It's funny, re-watching parts 1 and 2, how huge the gulf is between the quality of the majority of the material and those odd moments of absolutely shocking awfulness - the heavy exposition in part 1, the stupid comedy moments in part 2, etc etc.  And they're there again in part 3 in 'heap on the cheese' form - I won't spoil it - but the point is it's STILL a brilliant trilogy, and well worth watching.