Main Menu

Futurequake #2

Started by GordonR, 22 June, 2004, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Generally Contrary

No, stories shouldn't be set in the 80s and 90s, they should be written from the perspective of someone in the 80s and 90s looking forward to the future.  

Matt Timson

There will have to be food pills, rocket belts and teleport rings in that case.  In every story.
Pffft...

Generally Contrary

Don't forget the holographic televisions showing the writer's feeble satire of Neighbours or The Tube.

paulvonscott

"No, stories shouldn't be set in the 80s and 90s, they should be written from the perspective of someone in the 80s and 90s looking forward to the future."

No, I disagree, 2000AD should now be all about stories set before the year 2000AD.

And these idiots who want it calleed 3000AD, the problem there, friends, is that what do we call it when we get to the year 3000?  Fools!

Matt Timson

Follow my system and there won't *be* a problem.  In the year 3000, we'll simply call it 3001 AD.

Fools.  Somebody ought to get Time Warner involved- it really is that simple...
Pffft...

JamieB

"And surely 3000AD *IS* going to happen... just not for another 996 years"

Or maybe TMO knows something you don't...

J-Bo-in-the-bunker-under-the-Nerve-Centre-1

Trout

Will you idiots please stop stealing my lines?

Fools!

See? I do it better.

Did I ever tell you that - long before I was a message boarder - I wrote to the then Tharg suggesting he change the comic's name, naming it after me?

He's rude. He never replied.

Then some other bugger's letter turned up in the comic suggesting the same thing!

I was scandalised!

- Trout

GordonR

Never mind this gibberish about renaming 2000AD.  Let's get this thread back on-topic and back to what really matters....

....like me being 7p out of pocket.

Between that and the England result, it's been a bad week all round so far.

Trout

Was it only 7p?

Usually, there's an administrative charge, so you end up paying about a pound.

It sounds like you got off lightly, you stereotype-confirming Edinburgher!

- Trout

JamieB

I suspect you'll be feeling a bit more cheerful on Friday, Gordon...

...besides, haven't you had the NECRONAUTS royalties yet? Should be at LEAST 10p!

J-Bo-1

Quirkafleeg

Arthur claims to be 'too busy' to respond at the moment...

Grant Goggans

What's the poor man meant to do with the 3p difference between the two?  Buy a gumball?

--Grant

Banners

Should simply be called "AD". Obvious innit.

M@

Art

Yeah. This chrono-naming things business is a bit Solar Wind for my liking. FutureQuake is a more serious effort, dedicated to ...bringing the slushpile to hideous life...  ...reusing rejected futureshocks... celebrating short one off SF tales with a twist.

Of course anyone who wishes to avoid getting charged 7p for a freebie copy can pay money for it on the Future Quake site or at upcoming comics festivals... and look out for my upcoming small press title in "Granite Novel" format, with each page literally carved from granite. That'll be a limited edition of 1, 20p ought to cover the postage.

Link: http://www.arthurwyatt.co.uk/futurequake/" target="_blank">http://www.arthurwyatt.co.uk/futurequake/

http://www.arthurwyatt.co.uk/futurequake/images/futurequake2.gif">

GordonR

>>and look out for my upcoming small press title in "Granite Novel" format, with each page literally carved from granite.

Will it be getting the 'Boardman Quality Assurance Test' at the next con, then?