Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wild-seven

Quotethat shithole called Israel

Erm Pete, steady on - just because you don't agree with a Country's foreign policy doesn't mean you should dismiss it as a shithole; the people of Israel are in a position which we can only have nightmares about ie one where all your neighbours want to wipe you from the face of the earth.
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

TordelBack

Quote from: wild-seven on 03 January, 2010, 05:57:39 PM
... the people of Israel are in a position which we can only have nightmares about ie one where all your neighbours want to wipe you from the face of the earth.

While agreeing with the moderating sentiment, I suspect the people of Palestine could top those nightmares, being in a position where their neighbours are wiping them from the face of the earth.  But maybe we should move the political discussion o another place, even though it is most definitely on-topic?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: wild-seven on 03 January, 2010, 05:57:39 PM
Quotethat shithole called Israel

Erm Pete, steady on - just because you don't agree with a Country's foreign policy doesn't mean you should dismiss it as a shithole; the people of Israel are in a position which we can only have nightmares about ie one where all your neighbours want to wipe you from the face of the earth.

Apologies .

I should have posted on the Night Of Heroes thread but i didnt think about it.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Israel is not the problem, its the bigotry all around the world from all walks of life that's the problem, you can't just pinpoint one country/religion/nation/ideal. Someone's heaven is someone else's hell.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

wild-seven

Quote from: vzzbux on 03 January, 2010, 06:21:59 PM
Israel is not the problem, its the bigotry all around the world from all walks of life that's the problem, you can't just pinpoint one country/religion/nation/ideal. Someone's heaven is someone else's hell.

Exactly, well put and I think maybe this particular line of debate should be steered away from? It's only a matter of posts before the 'N' word is used!

V

Peter Wolf

My comment about Israel was no more bigoted than my comments about the UK and the US Govt and it was directed at govt but saying it was a shithole was unnecessary and irrelevant to the topic.

I have watched videos on youtube of what goes on in the west bank and of Israeli settlers and i had to stop because its depressing and its easy to dislike them but it happens because they are indoctrinated with their religious and political beliefs and hatred of each other so really both sides are victims ultimately so if you are bigoted against Israelis for example you are just part of the problem yourself.

Also this incident will just create more demonisation of Islam and more Islamophobia.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

People still have their Xmas lights up. I don't care if it's not Wednesday yet, be miserable like everyone else.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

wild-seven

It's january 7th - they've got hot cross buns in the supermarket. I love them but funting hell, christmas has only just finished!

House of Usher

Spotted the Sunday after Christmas: creme eggs in Superdrug.
STRIKE !!!

Jared Katooie

I, Cosh

I don't like creme eggs and not just because of the story I remember from school about some lad who'd licked the filling out of one then tossed himself off into it and fed it to his girlfriend.

I assume this is a generic tale that everyone heard at school about somebody but you were never quite sure who.
We never really die.

House of Usher

That's a good story. I've never heard it before, ever.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

Hot cross buns are delicious and should be on sale all year.

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

Not according to w7 they're not.