Main Menu

Name of tactical wargame?

Started by Funt Solo, 12 January, 2006, 05:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

heh. Not bitter? Who posts all those "I hate everything and nothings good enough for me" reviews then?

Bico

You do know Conexus isn't an albino and JEB isn't a monkey, right?

Satanist

"Is anyone else stuck on Rebelstar's training levels? The grenade one? "

No I'm not...I'm way,way ahead of you  :-D

I cant really remember that one but if you let me know whats what I might remember. If not I can give it a go tonight.

By the way if you think thats bad later on theres a mission to destroy alien eggs. Despite what the films say dont use fire or the game bugs out and you cant complete the mission. Oh the fun I had that day.

Still a top game though.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Bico

It's the bit where you throw grenades for the first time - after you kill the first few bots, there's a bit where you have to cross a large open space with three enemies waiting to shoot the hell out of you once you step from cover.  There's a tree a few spaces from the door you first emerge from, and the walls around the sort of 'courtyard' area look like metal, so you can't bung a grenade at the enemies, or shoot them, because they're looking through those narrow windows-type things.    The ability to save, mid-level, like in Advance Wars, is really missed here...

I seem to remember Laser Squad being quite good on the Spectrum (you can get it on emulation sites), but I kept getting creamed after a few turns.  Very difficult.

Satanist

Right I think I remember this one. If I mind right then its really down to luck so it might take a few shots.

Get behind the tree and bung a smoke grenade just beyond it. Enter the smoke and bung another towards the entrance. If yer in luck the smoke will have covered the path to the building. Its then just a case of charging in and kill,kill,kill!

Me & my mates used to play multi-player on C64 Laser Squad. Oh the fun,laughter & fights. There was another one by the same blokes that had wizards & spells but I cant remember the name???
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Banners

When my well-specced XP machine takes about 30 seconds to do anything, even something as simple as opening a folder, I can't help but maintain that my old Amiga 500 - with 512k it's OS on a single floppy disk - was far better at multi-tasking 20 years ago than Windows is, even now.

M@

Funt Solo

And then there was swapping out 5 disks to watch the "getting fired out of the cannon" animation on Secret Of Monkey Island.

"I am rubber, you are glue!"
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Noisybast

That would be the mighty Lords of Chaos.
Ah the fun we had with that one. Ask BrianO...

Link: http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/articles/lordsofchaos.htm" target="_blank">Cauldrons ahoy!

http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/gifs/lordscha.gif">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!