Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

I'm getting more stoked for this collection the more I hear about it. I'm actually very happy with the Slaine announcement - I have very little Slaine in my collection and look forward to reading it again (I actually really liked the Langley stuff - I thought it really worked well for Slaine).
I guess it isn't chronologically collected like some of the other series though, seeing as Horned God one of the early volumes.

I'm hoping we may get a collection of Grey Area somewhere along the line. It's s strip I liked immediately and have grown fonder and fonder of it over time. A great way to represent current 2000AD in my opinion.

moly

Got to agree with JamesC looking forays to upgrading my graphic novels to these hardbacks, no filler announced so hopefully this will be the ultimate collection, would be nice if the could include some early Harlem heroes, flesh etc

geronimo

Hi Folks, I am wondering if anyone else is in this position............
I subscribed to the test run and the 4 free GNs were sent to me.
Early this month I got an e-mail from Hachette telling me the series was being officially launched and I needn't subscribe but they would get in touch with me by e-mail to get my payment details.
I still haven't received that e-mail. Is anyone else waiting for that still?
Anyway, looking forward to getting some Thrill-power but am having sleepless nights over whether to go premium or not! who says life gets easier as you get older; decisions, decisions.

Bolt-01

Over on the '2000 AD & Beyond' Blog, Rich McAuliffe has pointed out This news from Hachette that might be of interest...

Of course, as a non-FB user I'm not in the running...

Colin YNWA

Didn't realise Rich had gone solo. This is something to be checked out. Thanks for the heads up Bolt.

walrus

Quote from: geronimo on 17 August, 2017, 02:22:38 PM
Hi Folks, I am wondering if anyone else is in this position............
I subscribed to the test run and the 4 free GNs were sent to me.
Early this month I got an e-mail from Hachette telling me the series was being officially launched and I needn't subscribe but they would get in touch with me by e-mail to get my payment details.
I still haven't received that e-mail. Is anyone else waiting for that still?
Anyway, looking forward to getting some Thrill-power but am having sleepless nights over whether to go premium or not! who says life gets easier as you get older; decisions, decisions.

Hi Geronimo

I was in exactly the same position. I just contacted Hachette on the number included in the email which you have received, told them I had not received the subscriber number, they tracked me from my address and were able to set up the payment against it that way. Hopefully it will all be ok now. You can also contact them on Facebook which people on here often recommend but I am not on there.

Hopefully you will be able to sort it easily

James Stacey

Im in the same situation .. I tried mailing them but no dice.

geronimo

moly

Same situation I messaged them on Facebook and emailed them for a week and nothing have now had a reply by Facebook post saying they had upgraded my account and emailed me and yep no email still

abelardsnazz

Latest bit of information in answer to a question on Facebook: the first ABC Warriors volume is issue 13. Going to guess that this will be a smattering of the early stories plus The Black Hole.

moldovangerbil

I find Hachette's customer services to be baffling and frustrating. 

I've phoned them and emailed them several times just to try and get them to update my address and yet they still seem to be unable to get it right.  From what I've seen, the facebook admin is a lot better at responding but I think they're still hamstrung by the incompetent staff who actually manage accounts in the background.

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 18 August, 2017, 09:28:02 AM
I find Hachette's customer services to be baffling and frustrating. 

I've phoned them and emailed them several times just to try and get them to update my address and yet they still seem to be unable to get it right.  From what I've seen, the facebook admin is a lot better at responding but I think they're still hamstrung by the incompetent staff who actually manage accounts in the background.

Hachette's Facebook service (on the Dredd/2000AD pages) is fantastic. I cannot fault it. Their service on the Marvel pages, and over the phone, is abysmal. It's nigh-on impossible to get anything sorted over the phone. Every time I ring I get hung up on mid-conversation, so I rely on Facebook now.

Tomwe

Couple more nuggets from FB: Sinister Dexter will have but three volumes, and ABC Warriors book 1 is volume 23, placing that series directly after the four Nemesis volumes on your shelf.

JaHawkDroid

Both Invasion and Savage will be collected in the series.

Dredd page has confirmed there will be 7 volumes of Strontium Dog as well as The Kreeler Conspiracy, Traitor to his Kind and The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha, equalling 10 total. So I think it could be the complete Stront?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IndigoPrime

Assuming Durham Red is being considered a distinct title, ten books should be enough to cover all of Strontium Dog to date, as far as I can tell. I wonder whether we'll get black and white or colour Starlord spreads this time?