Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Does it?

Kreeler conspiracy is released first, but the originals were published after this collection.

Looking at the TPB, the starlord stories are still a fair chunk and could be padded out with specials/annual stories.

The Collector, The Town that died of shame, The Complaint, The Beast of Milton Keynes for example...

oddballuk

Quote from: Steve Green on 01 September, 2017, 08:57:21 PM
Does it?

Kreeler conspiracy is released first, but the originals were published after this collection.

Looking at the TPB, the starlord stories are still a fair chunk and could be padded out with specials/annual stories.

The Collector, The Town that died of shame, The Complaint, The Beast of Milton Keynes for example...

I'm just assuming since Slaine: Horned God and Strontium Dog: Kreeler Conspiracy were offered up as early volumes but comments elsewhere suggested that series would otherwise be released chronologically.

I would be happy to be wrong and there be a volume of miscellanious material collecting the Starlord stories, annuals and specials like you've proposed.

Steve Green

I was thinking it was more along the lines of Dante not being released out of sequence.

Strontium Dog doesn't really matter so much other than for the event ones - like Portrait of a Mutant, Outlaw Ragnarok/Rage.

Plus you have all the untold stories published after Johnny and Wulf's deaths, some of which link together like the Traitor to his kind thread, or the Blood Moon/Mork Whisperer.

I'm really hoping we'll see some colour spreads, if there aren't there's no reason for me to double dip.

oddballuk

Cool. I've dropped a question on the FB page anyway. 

Would hate it if any classic Strontium Dog stories were skipped.

Swerty

Seems a bit soon to be releasing another Strontium Dog,I think

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Swerty on 02 September, 2017, 01:48:54 AM
Seems a bit soon to be releasing another Strontium Dog,I think

Agreed, I would have expected another Slaine first, as there needs to be one of those every six issues or so. The first Nikolai Dante is issue 8 so guess Slaine will be 9, possibly the early Belardinelli/McMahon stuff.

JaHawkDroid

Wow, a second Stront book so soon after Kreeler. Interesting choice. I'd have expected an ABC warriors or something

Do the contents of Nemesis confirm we're getting the full saga?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 02 September, 2017, 09:06:04 AM

Do the contents of Nemesis confirm we're getting the full saga?

I think so, as the first volume is the Comic Rock stories, the first three books plus a couple of annual/special stories, and there's enough room in the remaining three volumes for the rest of it.

sintec

Finally got my package (got delivered to my ex-neighbours initially as I moved house at just the wrong time).

Books are gorgeous.  Slaine is stunning (I haven't read any of these before so it was new to me) the art is truly jaw dropping.  Looking forwards to reading Halo next.

maryanddavid

Forgive the thickness, but what has the first volume got 32 on the spine?

Swerty

Quote from: maryanddavid on 02 September, 2017, 09:18:39 PM
Forgive the thickness, but what has the first volume got 32 on the spine?

When you line up all up on your shelf it will be the 32nd volume of the 80.

maryanddavid

matty_ae

It's a marketing ploy.
Unless you buy the whole set you end up with a shelf of non sequential numbers and slithers of the spine image with lots of gaps.

marko10174

How long did everyone wait for there orders to arrive? I ordered mine on the 29th.

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: marko10174 on 03 September, 2017, 07:35:09 AM
How long did everyone wait for there orders to arrive? I ordered mine on the 29th.

Delivery is within 28 days. I ordered on day subs opened, and received books on Weds 30th.