Main Menu

Mike Dorey at LFCC

Started by rogue69, 22 June, 2019, 05:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Legendary UK comics artist Mike Dorey is attending LFCC this year(apparently only his second con)
In the early years of 2000AD he illustrated Ro-Busters, ABC Warriors, Invasion, Mach 1, Mach Zero, Rogue Trooper and Tharg's Future Shocks, among many others.

https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/allguests/comics/12-lfcc-guests/comics/1673-mike-dorey
https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/allguests/comics

Colin YNWA

Pretty good line-up but yeah Mike Dorey (I adore MACH 0) is a bit of a treat. Little pricely to attend but then will the comics folks be quiet and easy to chat to as folks flock to Jason Issacs and the like?

maryanddavid

I had the privilege of interviewing Mike Dorey and Mick Mcmahon together in Enniskillen and the were great.
Mike had some really fantastic commissions with him as well.

Steve Green

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 June, 2019, 05:15:29 PM
Pretty good line-up but yeah Mike Dorey (I adore MACH 0) is a bit of a treat. Little pricely to attend but then will the comics folks be quiet and easy to chat to as folks flock to Jason Issacs and the like?

Definitely the quieter spot of the cons, although Carlos and John had a massive queue a few years ago. I might pop along myself on the Sunday to chat to Mike.

sheridan

Quote from: maryanddavid on 22 June, 2019, 08:02:04 PM
I had the privilege of interviewing Mike Dorey and Mick Mcmahon together in Enniskillen and the were great.
Mike had some really fantastic commissions with him as well.

From the original link:
Quote from: LFCCApart from a recent Scottish convention, this is Mike's SECOND EVER CONVENTION, and is a must-see!

Enniskillen may be small, but it still counts as a convention, right?  Making LFCC at Olympia Mike's third convention...

Speaking of which, it's tempting - I do like Dorey's Invasion, MACH Zero and Ro-Jaw's Memoirs...

rogue69

Meet Mike over the weekend and he was a really nice guy to talk to always had time for the fans. He was surprised and pleased on the fact even though he only done a few stories for 2000AD how many people remember and still enjoy his work. Also amazing value for his prints A4 £5 A3£10, and only £30 for head sketch.

Mike said that he will most likely be doing more cons in the future and after suggestions from fans he may look into doing Lawless next year