Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

Credo! It's the fifteenth in our series of Space Spinner 2000 collections! These collections have all of our coverage for a specific character or storyline, all in one place. They're a great accompaniment to reading collected versions of 2000AD, or to just hear your favorite thrill all in one place.

I've sort of been dreading doing this collection because early Nemesis is some of my favorite 2000AD stuff ever, and it's hard to organize my thoughts without completely gushing over everything. This is the classic tale of a demonic and draconic alien fighting against the evil forces of humanity in a far future highway system. The story is fun, the art is amazing, Nemesis is the greatest!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 09 March, 2019, 03:45:13 AM

Credo! It's the fifteenth in our series of Space Spinner 2000 collections! These collections have all of our coverage for a specific character or storyline, all in one place. They're a great accompaniment to reading collected versions of 2000AD, or to just hear your favorite thrill all in one place.

I've sort of been dreading doing this collection because early Nemesis is some of my favorite 2000AD stuff ever, and it's hard to organize my thoughts without completely gushing over everything. This is the classic tale of a demonic and draconic alien fighting against the evil forces of humanity in a far future highway system. The story is fun, the art is amazing, Nemesis is the greatest!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Thanks for putting it all together - listening to it right now!

I know how you feel about hesitating to cover it for fear of just gushing over it - it's been holding me off from setting a date for doing a Book Club podcast with Eamonn for some time!

sheridan

Quote from: WhizzBang on 06 March, 2019, 06:41:02 PM
I do not remember how I first read this strip, it was possibly in the Best Of 2000AD monthly, but I read it after I had read Outlaw. It was a huge thrill and explained so much stuff in really great way. You mentioned it in the podcast but the bit that really stamps it as a superb piece of work for me is the bit at the end where the Kreelers become a new police force in two similar panels. It is a small and subtle thing but it really adds the cherry to the cake in terms of making a good ending great.

Same here - I was well versed in Outlaw long before I found out how [spoiler]Bunky got in to the situation that the Stix Brothers found him in[/spoiler].  Totally agree with the Kreelers to police panels - I can remember studying the two panels for ages when I was eleven or twelve, or however old I'd have been once I finally got hold of that particular back prog.

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and forty-ninth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 467-470 of 2000AD, covering April and May of 1986. This week Ace Trucking catches us up, Judge Anderson exorcises, the citizens of mega City one are mental, Strontium Dog has feels some rage, and Michael "Swifty" Swift is looking for a job in the far future!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: sheridan on 10 March, 2019, 07:32:34 PM

I know how you feel about hesitating to cover it for fear of just gushing over it - it's been holding me off from setting a date for doing a Book Club podcast with Eamonn for some time!

FCBD in the pub in may???

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 11 March, 2019, 06:43:44 AM

In our thrilling hundred and forty-ninth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 467-470 of 2000AD, covering April and May of 1986. This week Ace Trucking catches us up, Judge Anderson exorcises, the citizens of mega City one are mental, Strontium Dog has feels some rage, and Michael "Swifty" Swift is looking for a job in the far future!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Of course, he might spell his name 'Judge Cholmondeley-Mole-Fortesque' but he'd pronounce it 'Chumney-Mull-Fawltey', dontyewknow.

There is quite a major character with an ideasyncristicly pronounced posh English surname coming up within 100 progs - NO CLUES, though!
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

sheridan

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 11 March, 2019, 11:27:03 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 10 March, 2019, 07:32:34 PM

FCBD in the pub in may???

Possible - we'd just have to decide on an edition (still undecided whether to pick up the Hachette versions).  I have the Titan editions, though they only go up to the end of Hicklenton's run.  I see that the end of this month sees the publication of Nem Volume Four, with the Henry Flint cover from the last book, so I may stop vacillating and get the four (I'll tell myself that the printing may not be as good as the classic Titans, but they're more portable).

p.s. Titan missed out Jesus' book as well.

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and fiftieth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 471-474 of 2000AD, covering May and June of 1986. This week Johnny deals with hijackers, Anderson goes to another world, Blue learns the truth, Swifty heads to the Street of Many Madmen, Ace Trucking gets away with it, and we learn the law according to "Dredd!" Wow, 150 episodes! Here's to many many more!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

The Monarch

congrats on making it to 150 not counting the collections and the action podcast!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Monarch on 18 March, 2019, 06:58:25 AM
congrats on making it to 150 not counting the collections and the action podcast!

Yep this podcast remains as fun, exciting and insightful as the day it started. Keep it up and well done.

SpaceSpinner2000

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone!

In our thrilling hundred and fifty-first episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 475-478 of 2000AD, covering June and July of 1986. This time Strontium Dog heads to the mines, Bad City Blows, Judge Anderson makes a hard decision, and Ace Trucking can't stop here, this is Rambo country!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Rogue Judge

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and fifty-second episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 479-482 of 2000AD, covering July and August of 1986. This episode Judge Dredd gets the urge, Johnny gets squiddy, Ace Trucking gets critical, and Swifty joins the Sweeneys!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 27 March, 2019, 04:20:47 PM
#findyourownfox

Everyone needs a friend they can explain things to at length!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and fifty-third episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 483-486 of 2000AD, covering August and September of 1986. This episode Swifty runs for office, Judge Dredd fights Stan Lee and heads to Atlantis, Excelsior! Johnny Alpha makes some new chums, Torquemada heads back to the far far future, and watch out Brians, Metalzoic starts here!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 08 April, 2019, 06:35:23 AM

In our thrilling hundred and fifty-third episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 483-486 of 2000AD, covering August and September of 1986. This episode Swifty runs for office, Judge Dredd fights Stan Lee and heads to Atlantis, Excelsior! Johnny Alpha makes some new chums, Torquemada heads back to the far far future, and watch out Brians, Metalzoic starts here!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Lawks, chum, the revelation that Metalzoic might actually be a Disney style musical might be the only thing you could have said that makes it seem even weirder than it already was...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.