Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Top Dogs was in the Dredd collection and we were promised no duplication.

Also, has anyone had their books? Probably unsurprisingly, mine are now late. (Shocker, I know.)

Mattofthespurs

Not yet. Expecting them any month now.

Jade Falcon

My Slaine is STILL missing and the Hachette site has not responded.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

The Monarch

yeah my local is trying to chase up that slaine book no luck so far

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 23 October, 2019, 04:44:28 PM

My copies of #55 and #56 have just arrived  :)

Tomwe

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 25 October, 2019, 10:28:30 AM
Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 23 October, 2019, 04:44:28 PM

My copies of #55 and #56 have just arrived  :)
I'm really pleased to hear subscribers are no longer months behind retail. My FP orders tend to appear either just before release or up to a week after.
Speaking of FP, here's some more covers courtesy of their preorders. The final volumes for ABC Warriors and Strontium Dog, and pretty sure that Caballistics should say Vol 1.

Jade Falcon

While I thoroughly enjoyed the latest Alpha book, I just cannot take to Simon Harrison's art style, its far too murky for my liking.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Gah - wish they'd get around to announcing an extension if there's going to be one. Plenty of great stuff in the current sale (Absalom, Flesh, Cradlegrave) but I don't want to grab things we might get in hardback if we get an extension. Guess there are worse problems to have.

The Volgan War really is stunning - started flicking through it yesterday afternoon and struggled to put it back down. There does seem to be an overabundance of double page splashs, in places they start to distract from the story a bit. They do look gorgeous though so again there are worse problems to have. Looking forward to the next volume of this already and it doesn't look like we've got too long to wait (scheduled for 15/1/2020 so I guess I'll get mine mid-late Feb given current my current delivery schedule).

Read the first couple of stories in the Rogue volume but

leethomson

A sale, you say? Well that settles it, extension be damned, the wallet's coming out.

Jade Falcon

Tomwe

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 25 September, 2019, 01:09:28 PM
Rogue volume 4 contains everything up to the end of the Jose Ortiz run. The intro says the reboot will be covered in the next volume but no story details. Presumably The War Machine, don't think The Hit and the Michael Fleisher stuff are considered up to much, so what else? Hoping for Cinnabar to get some John Smith in the collection at last. Enfleshings, Hollow Town and Shock Tactics would be great too.
Some slightly not-what-I-wanted news from the facebook page on the contents of Rogue 5:
Quote2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection Hey Dan,
Included in Rogue Trooper Volume 5 is the following stories...
Cinnabar; What Lies Beneath; Weapons of War; Overkill; Lions; Visit to the Boneyard; Requiem; Angels; Ghouls; Realpolitik; Condor Six Down; Dead Ringer; What if... Gunnar.
Hope this helps!
So those hoping for Cinnabar will be pleased, but no War Machine. It looks more like the contents of TALES OF NU-EARTH 04 minus one or two strips. Can only hope now that War Machine will get a book in an extension...

Jade Falcon

Pity, I see War Machine is in the sale but digital only. Call me old fashioned but I prefer my graphic novels in physical form.

Picked up the Flesh book in the sale though.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomwe on 31 October, 2019, 10:53:33 AM
Some slightly not-what-I-wanted news from the facebook page on the contents of Rogue 5:
Quote2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection Hey Dan,
Included in Rogue Trooper Volume 5 is the following stories...
Cinnabar; What Lies Beneath; Weapons of War; Overkill; Lions; Visit to the Boneyard; Requiem; Angels; Ghouls; Realpolitik; Condor Six Down; Dead Ringer; What if... Gunnar.
Hope this helps!
So those hoping for Cinnabar will be pleased, but no War Machine. It looks more like the contents of TALES OF NU-EARTH 04 minus one or two strips. Can only hope now that War Machine will get a book in an extension...

Yeah, it's basically Rennie's Realpolitik run with added Cinnabar. I'm more interested in a potential Jaegir extension volume, to be honest - that's where Rennie (and Tooth!) finally nailed the Rogue-verse.
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 31 October, 2019, 11:14:31 AM
I'm more interested in a potential Jaegir extension volume, to be honest

I'd second this - have loved the recent episodes in the prog. And from the numbers on Barney it looks like the strip count is just about perfect for to gather all of it so far in one nice hardback too.

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 31 October, 2019, 11:10:25 AM
Picked up the Flesh book in the sale

I ummed and ahhhd about the Flesh book - but if we get an extension it would seem like a prime candidate for an early-period volume so I passed for now.