Main Menu

[Self-Pimp] My Comics Writing

Started by Rook, 15 January, 2011, 12:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook

Howdy,

This is one of my first ventures outside of the prog-reviewing threads, so please forgive a bit of shameless self-promotion on my part. I've been writing about music and games for a few years now, but late last year I started tentatively moving into the comics criticism sphere - thought a few of you might be interested in the stuff I've done so far. I'll no doubt post up new stuff as it's done. I have a (hopefully) regular blog at PopMatters called "British Invasion" which as you might expect is going to feature a lot of 2000 AD-related musings.

First off, I did a feature on "Bloody Mary", the series Garth Ennis and Carlos Ezquerra did for Helix back in the late 90s.

Recently I've reviewed a new Zorro comic from the new Australian indie publisher Silver Fox comics. I commented that the art is rather Leigh Gallagher-esque to me...

And here's British Invasion #1: it's a quick introduction to the wave of British creators who made waves in the States in the 80s, and has an introduction to the British comics scene now, too. #2 is going to be about the "Muzak Killer" Dredd stories from the 90s... and how they connect to The X Factor!

Would love it if you had a peep, any thoughts would be appreciated, and there's more coming soon!

Rook

I've done another British Invasion blog, this time about Garth Ennis' "Muzak Killer" Dredd stories and The X Factor...