Main Menu

Cardiff Comics Expo March 2-3

Started by Bolt-01, 09 January, 2013, 09:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Great pic - thanks to all involved, enjoyed doing the Q+A, even that question that felt like it was being translated multiple times into the same language...

Sorry I couldn't hang around, but I'd gone off to see my folks, so it was a flying visit...

- Steve

bluemeanie

COMMANDO FORCES

An exclusive peak at the NEW 2000 AD logo that was released on the Sunday morning ;)

judda fett

2000ad gang sign! Glad you liked the art for your Psychedelic Journal of Time Travel strip Bluemeanie. Dig the Ploog you copped plus the nice post con piece for Iz. After the Desperados deal at the pub a grunt or hearty mutha[spoiler]fucka[/spoiler] is a valid farewell   :D

shaolin_monkey

A random pic that turned up on Facebook:

Richmond Clements

QuoteHighlights included Richmond Clements swearing at my mother in law then trying to sell her his book with "It has beheadings and shit"

In my defence, she said she didn't mind swearing, and your panicked face every time I did it just made me swear all the more!
Don't think I dropped a 'C' bomb though, did I..? There's always next year for that.

shaolin_monkey

Colin YNWA

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 04 March, 2013, 07:44:14 PM
Some great pics here, including the Zarjaz folk:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/multimedia/news/2013/03/02/sci-fi-and-comic-conventions-bring-out-of-this-world-fun-to-welsh-fans-91466-32912849/#3

HA! Love the fact that the caption reads "Weird and wonderful characters from cartoons, comics and films..." and yep everyone in there is in some sort of fun cosplay uniform... well until you get to that middle phoot of the apparently 'weird and wonderful characters' Bolt and Richmond (And Steve Minty in the background)

shaolin_monkey

Richmond Clements

QuoteBolt and Richmond (And Steve Minty in the background)

With the eating machine that is Montynero sitting in the foreground.

David Broughton

Thanks to Bolt and Richard for being great hosts on their table. I think I did about 7 or 8 hours of sketching on the Saturday....loved it!  Met some really nice people like fellow artist Matt Herbert who has drawn the wonderful 'Shakara' in the latest Zarjaz #17 and the gifted Monty Nero not to mention Judda Fett, Brian, IZ, Stacey, Bluemeanie, Connor, Lizzy, CFM, dunk,  Jim Campbell and the other other pro's like Ben, Leigh, JDH, Alec and more. What a top weekend.

Anyway back to the artwork before bed.  Here is a small section of the latest colour picture I'm working on.

Cheers!

http://dbroughton.blogspot.co.uk/

Spikes

Quote from: bluemeanie on 04 March, 2013, 04:38:12 PM
Here's the Mike Ploog pic

Nice! :thumbsup:

Often rewatch the brilliant Terror takes shape documentary from The Thing DVD. Rob Bottin's full of schoolboy enthusiasm when recounting the tale of him getting to work with his hero, Mike Ploog.

judda fett

Lovely stront Megabus, good to meet you see your portfolio (those mega blocks on your latest page are very nice). Glad you like Shakara too.

stacey

Dude, it was great to meet you and I have to say this photo made me laugh so much - what the hell face am I pulling! Can I nick it, I think it's mint!

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 03 March, 2013, 04:59:23 PM
I had better add that for your safety you should not replicate this behaviour at home. I am a trained professional and likely to be dead before 50.

Here are some random pics;

shaolin_monkey

Great to meet you too, and of course you can help yourself to the pic!