Main Menu

Favourite scenes from DREDD

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 27 September, 2012, 06:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookyman

"Dredd to control, in pursuit of suspect vehicle"

Do you require backup?

"No!"

Made the hairs on my neck stand up - love it!  I knew I was in for a treat from that moment on!
Choc chip goodness.

TordelBack

Where. To. Start!  Limit myself to the first three that spring to mind.

The gas grenade in the stairwell: just the mechanical matter-of-fact way they execute their way through the perps one by one, as if they were strimming weeds.

Anderson and Dredd's dialogue in elevator scene with Kay. Laughed out loud in the cinema.

The lawmaster weaving through the traffic, so kinetic, so fast, and then bike cannon!   :D

Oh brother, I have got to get back to the cinema this weekend...

JayzusB.Christ

The whole hostage scene at the start; in particular the icy silence that follows it. Dredd at his most terrifying.  Also the mention of iso cubes, juve cubes and meat wagons. And the bit where the perp shouts 'FFUUUUUUUCKKK OFFFFF!' while firing at Dredd.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Spikes

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 September, 2012, 09:55:06 PM
Where. To. Start! 

Innit.

Without a doubt, fave non-Dredd bits were the various shots of the city. Just lovely.
Just been checking out the various clips on Youtube, and its making me desperate to see it again, but its no longer showing at my local  :(

Link Prime

Lena Headey was a revelation- that woman is made from polished ice.
Her blackened toothed and defiant half smirk before inhaling the Slo-mo with gusto (and subsequent death plunge) was the scene stealer for me.

Beeks

That incendiary scene is pretty brutal
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

The Sherman Kid

Jeeez, where to start

1- The beautiful shots of Olivia Thirlby in the slo-mo den , outside looking out on the Meg , close-up in the lift breathing out after taking in the connection to the perp she executed earlier and Dredd watching her closely and the last moments of Ma-Ma.The most beautiful shot is the bath scene, total class.

2-Action ,Caleb exit , the gatling/stub gun ,the entrance of the rogue judges and the headbutt.

3-Still scene -when Dredd and Anderson are coming for Ma-Ma she clutches a blood stained jacket, reflectiing on her past ,knowing death is coming for her, you almost feel sorry for her.Really like that scene.

The Sherman Kid

Oh, and of course, the 'Yeah' ,thought that was an iconic moment.

hazy efc

Man this is a tough one theirs so many to choose from, but one that stands out is were dredd tells the medic guy to open the door to the med bay and he wont, then dredd tells him something about taking sides,
when you see the close up of carl when he`s kinda snarling as he`s talking its like dredd as jumped out from the comic book and on to the big screen, ive never smiled so much watching a movie  :thumbsup:

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: hazy efc on 27 September, 2012, 11:56:18 PM
Man this is a tough one theirs so many to choose from, but one that stands out is were dredd tells the medic guy to open the door to the med bay and he wont, then dredd tells him something about taking sides,
when you see the close up of carl when he`s kinda snarling as he`s talking its like dredd as jumped out from the comic book and on to the big screen, ive never smiled so much watching a movie  :thumbsup:

Very much a High Noon moment

Pete Wells

Sorry to be unoriginal but of course Dredd stomping back into the smoke after offing Caleb, "Yeah...", "Dredd, he's thinking about going for your gun!" and the beggar is just pure Dredd black humour.

There are so, so many more though.

PsychoGoatee

Anderson's escape and Dredd versus the other judges, the climax of the film there pretty much, it's just beautiful stuff every time.

For gags, I love when the homeless guy gets squished.

radiator

"How the fuck we gonna stop this guy?". A great moment. I saw someone describe the film as 'Die Hard', but it's the Terminator stuck in the building instead of John McClane. This is that moment.

"This one's still breathing". An unlucky block super is unceremoniously offed.

"Suggest you hold your breath". Pure Dredd moment.

"High Ex!" (the second time).

"I'm your backup" - bang!

The detached way Mama says "Do you fuckin' understand me?".

And the whole of the first five minutes - seriously, listening to the track 'Mega city One' actually gives me goosebumps when that pounding drum kicks in. Likewise the closing monologue - "The men and women of the Hall of justice.... Judges".

Mikey

Quote from: Link Prime on 27 September, 2012, 11:10:59 PM
Lena Headey was a revelation- that woman is made from polished ice.

She was fantastic. I was sorry to see her offed, even though it was another tremendous scene.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Michaelvk

..the bit between the DNA logo and where they say the stuff about all similarities being coincidences is quite good..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..