Main Menu

Kickstarter

Started by The Sherman Kid, 04 February, 2013, 07:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

There are plenty of reasons why the Sneaky Zebra Kickstarter has been pulled. Could we please leave the subject alone, rather than load another thread full of speculation? Ta.

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

Quote from: radiator on 13 March, 2013, 05:51:32 PM
Interesting...

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/veronica-mars/24809/kickstarter-campaign-for-veronica-mars-movie-launches

$1.5 million and 30 days to go.  Very exciting (and not because I'm a secret fan of the show).  Who will be next, I wonder? 

JOE SOAP

You fund our film, we make it, then sell it back to you.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2013, 10:26:45 PM
Quote from: radiator on 13 March, 2013, 05:51:32 PM
Interesting ... http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/veronica-mars/24809/kickstarter-campaign-for-veronica-mars-movie-launches

$1.5 million and 30 days to go.  Very exciting (and not because I'm a secret fan of the show).  Who will be next, I wonder?

Current events seem to be creating the air of the confessional, so I'll admit that Veronica Mars was my regular teatime viewing when ITV2 were showing it on a loop a wee while ago. If I need to rationalise my enjoyment of what was a fairly ludicrous and lightweight show, I just tell myself it was the thrill of seeing Charisma Carpenter again.

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 March, 2013, 10:29:48 PM

We all got it coming, kid.  But the key part of this phrase is: "...we make it...".  Me, I'm all for getting the cast of Star Cops back together.

Frank

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2013, 10:49:45 PM
Me, I'm all for getting the cast of Star Cops back together.

Ooh, there's an idea: Mars and alien fossils next...

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2013, 10:49:45 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 March, 2013, 10:29:48 PM

We all got it coming, kid.

Sure isn't that how we got t'internet.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Molch-R on 13 March, 2013, 06:42:14 PM
There are plenty of reasons why the Sneaky Zebra Kickstarter has been pulled. Could we please leave the subject alone, rather than load another thread full of speculation? Ta.

It's because of the sequel, isn't it?

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 14 March, 2013, 07:15:54 AM
It's because of the sequel, isn't it?

Post of the Week Nominee.

TordelBack

Fascinating to watch the clash of ancient and modern over at the $2.5M-and-29-days-to-go Veronica Mars kickstarter - the spectre of regionalisation starts to dominate the comments section, with no non-US downloads or international shipping.  New funding methods, old distribution practices.  While understanding the actual issues, as is usual with internet sellers one is left feeling that the US simply does not want overseas business. 

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 March, 2013, 08:21:38 AM
While understanding the actual issues, as is usual with internet sellers one is left feeling that the US simply does not want overseas business.

Whilst Fox is happy to sell me content via their FX channel, the website for said channel basically tells non-US residents to fuck off.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/03/kickstarter-kind-of-annoying-isnt-it/63060/

I maybe don't feel quite as strongly as this guy, but I do feel that for non-startups/small companies it feels a bit uncomfortable.