Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Thank you, Gentlemen. I've had a ditzy grin on my face all day :)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

Rately

The Legendary Shark

Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

I know it's not much, in the Grand Scheme of Things, but it feels really good. And if I might wax cheesy for a spell, I really do it for you guys - the comic buyers, the aficionados. I want to write stuff that you'll enjoy, because if I can then that makes me feel nice, so I want to be as good as I can be. For you guys, and also for me. This big little win makes me want to believe that, maybe, I might be on the right track. Then again, I suppose I might have just intersected with it...

Anyhoo (daaahlingks), thanks for the well-wishes - I appreciate them all. Truly.

Mark.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

paddykafka

So after a couple of bad experiences with various role-playing groups over the years - which I shall not go into because, hey, this is after all a celebratory thread! - I have finally found a group into which I completely fit, feel absolutely comfortable in, and which is thankfully free of some of the more unpleasant types that one encounters in such groups from time to time. And for someone with the kind of chronic social anxiety / depressive symptoms and introverted lifestyle to which I am prone, this is a most positive thing.

There's a real United Nations kind of vibe to the group, with its members hailing from, among other places, South Africa, Hungary, France, USA and myself, representing the Emerald Isle.

A nicer, friendlier bunch of people you could not hope to meet and every session with them is a laugh.

At a recent game, the DM announced the appearance of some Gnolls. He laughed when I asked were they grassy gnolls.

It has been so long since I've been in the company of someone who would actually get that joke, that all I could do was smile inside.

von Boom

Sounds like fun pk. I'm still searching for that elusive group where everything and everyone fits. You give me hope.

Colin Zeal

At Christmas I gave two of my nephews the end of year prog. Neither of them had read 2000AD before but I have tried them on age appropriate trades. 9 year old nephew barely looked at, 11 year old nephew loved it so much that his mum got him a one month subscription to see if he wants to carry on reading it. He already says he will spend all of his pocket money on 2000AD.

von Boom

Well done Colin. Indoctrination at a young age is key.

wedgeski

Quote from: paddykafka on 15 December, 2019, 09:36:10 PMIt has been so long since I've been in the company of someone who would actually get that joke, that all I could do was smile inside.
Brilliant. Discovering a compatible roleplaying group can be life changing. Have fun!

shaolin_monkey

I've been accepted into a 100 harp ensemble that will be playing in the Millennium Centre in Cardiff in July!

(There is a downside - I now have 8 pieces of music I need to learn very very quickly!  :o )

Cyberleader2000

as some of you know Ive had a bit of a shit run the last 2 years but life looks to finally be turing round Ive saved my brother's home and care package, Ive got my bills under control and I even found a stupid rare CD set ive been after for 5 years also £60 off because even thro the 6 CD's and one DVD were still sealed the  seal round the set was missing, the set arrived today and the seal was round the outer box so I guess I got a discount because the shop made a mistake. and as a added bonous I caught out my botheres sochil worker being a incompant twat and used evidence to prove how he fucked up and chost my brother £1700 best bit seeing as hes at fault if he cant fix it his deparment will be lible for the money he chost my bother.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime