Main Menu

Prog 2054 - Me & My Shadow

Started by Grant Goggans, 21 October, 2017, 02:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Of course, Rick and Morty can turn up in ANY strip.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Richard

Rick and Morty should turn up in EVERY strip. And be retconned into all reprints of old strips that don't already have them.

Davek

I only buy the prog when Slaine is in it.  Great treat though when checking some of the other stories last night to see McMahon's Dredd strip.  Loved it almost as much as Simon Roy's in the pile I read (thoroughly recommend Simon Roy's Prophet and Habitat work).  More McMahon please (on Slaine  ;)).

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Davek on 09 November, 2017, 10:25:14 AM
I only buy the prog when Slaine is in it.

You are Thyrllseeker and I claim my five pounds.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dandontdare

Quote from: norton canes on 27 October, 2017, 09:55:01 AM
Sorry, perhaps there should be a thread dedicated to W.H. Smith rants

we've had a couple:

on poor placement and display:
https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=37557.0

on weird age restrictions:
https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=43123.0

sheridan

Quote from: Magnetica on 26 October, 2017, 09:31:43 AM
For me it's about the original intent of the writer. Did they intend two stories to be linked, or is it just being tacked on years later? (By someone else in this case).

I have no problem with Revere being set in the IP universe if that is what John Smith had intended from the start. But he didn't.

I don't want a 2000AD multi-verse where every single story is potentially linked, just requiring a D Jump. As Tordel's says you can then get the Balls Brothers showing up in Buttonman, or indeed any character you like in any story. Not a good thing in my opinion.

I can just about tolerate this sort of thing in one-offs in anniversary Progs (or annuals in years gone by), where they are clearly just a bit of fun, but not as a regular thing.

And how would that relate to the Omnihedron? It just makes no sense.

And really that's the thing for me, I want the strips to have a sense of what they are and where they are going, at the very least driven by a strong sense (in the writer's mind) of who the characters are and how they might act and how they might evolve. Doesn't mean that can't naturally evolve over time (e.g. Dredd).

I loved Revere, and liked the recent Indigo Prime story, but thought the appearance of the one in the other fitted in as much as Halo appearing in Helter Skelter...