Main Menu

Rerelease Dredd

Started by Tarantino, 19 September, 2014, 11:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

I think 9 out of 10 of my posts have already been suggested, so sorry if this is the case now.

As we all know Dredd found a much larger audience on DVD and since then word of mouth has turned it into a classic. Well, if that's the case then why not rerelease it in the cinema? I don't know how easy that would be, but maybe a trial run on a select few screens who are willing to try.

There are plenty of fans who would love to see it at the cinema again and with all the positive reviews to be found online surely that would be enough to temp along many more who failed to see it the first time round, you can also make up for the reduced number of 2D viewings originally available and promote it in 2D this time.

If that did happen in the UK and was successful, then maybe a rerelease in other territories might be possible.

Anyway, if that can't happen then perhaps Dredd the musical might be the way to go.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=107834

Enjoy  :)

Tarantino

Steve Green

I doubt it.

The last person that tried it at Barnet Odeon couldn't raise enough interest for one showing.

Recrewt

Wasn't there a screening in birmingham earlier this year or was that just minty?  I could see limited screenings at certain locations but I doubt there is the demand for a general re-release.

Bolt-01

Yeah, there was a Brum screening earlier this year and isn't Bubba Zebill trying to get one sorted as well?

Tarantino

I thought the one for Barnet Odeon was scheduled for October?

Banners

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tarantino on 19 September, 2014, 11:14:01 AM
As we all know Dredd found a much larger audience on DVD and since then word of mouth has turned it into a classic. Well, if that's the case then why not rerelease it in the cinema?

I doubt the distributor would spend the amount of money needed to advertise a cinema release for a film that didn't do amazingly on its initial release but now most of its fans all ready own.

Steve Green

It's a case of diminishing returns, unless you're doing some kind of Secret Cinema thing (and look how that can go tits up), or a re-release as part of an anniversary, I don't see the appeal.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 19 September, 2014, 01:18:46 PM
Yeah, there was a Brum screening earlier this year and isn't Bubba Zebill trying to get one sorted as well?

I was Bolt, and it was Mick from Brum that was doing all the heavy lifting, it was to be in Prague and we had a number of helmets looking at tickets so they could patrol, I would love to have seen that here. Sadly it had to be dropped because the cinema kept pushing the price up...pretty creepy frankly. I still think it could get a big audience here, it was not released here. But it's beyond me buddy.

Anyway, the plan was to give any profits to charity. Mick is now organising a showing in England with the same plan in mind. I'll be producing some shirts and a poster and, as was the case in Birmingham, profits go to charity. I'll get the details and post them here for everyone.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105