Main Menu

Spines

Started by Fleetos, 12 October, 2011, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Zeal

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 November, 2012, 10:20:08 AM
Quote from: Colin Zeal on 23 November, 2012, 09:55:34 AM
You're all strange. Just put them on a shelf, it doesn't matter to the order.

BAN THIS POSTER.

This sort of filth wouldn't be allowed if Roger was a Mod.

Someone has to stand firm against the tidal wave of madness regarding spines and shelves.

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 23 November, 2012, 11:58:21 AM
Someone has to stand firm against the tidal wave of madness regarding spines and shelves.

Take that slapdash attitude somewhere else.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 23 November, 2012, 11:58:21 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 23 November, 2012, 10:20:08 AM
Quote from: Colin Zeal on 23 November, 2012, 09:55:34 AM
You're all strange. Just put them on a shelf, it doesn't matter to the order.

BAN THIS POSTER.

This sort of filth wouldn't be allowed if Roger was a Mod.

I with you, Colin!

SuperSurfer

If all my 2000AD graphic novels ever make it onto the same bookshelf I might consider some sort of order. Until then chaos rules! Down with order!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Supermarine Troutfire on 23 November, 2012, 11:00:22 AM
By the way, is that a comic on the right? What is it?
No. It's a bit of card (possibly retrieved from a bag containing a second hand comic) stuck at each end to protect the covers of the outer books from the unused shelf mounting holes.
We never really die.

Trout

Quote from: The Cosh on 23 November, 2012, 02:02:46 PM
Quote from: Supermarine Troutfire on 23 November, 2012, 11:00:22 AM
By the way, is that a comic on the right? What is it?
No. It's a bit of card (possibly retrieved from a bag containing a second hand comic) stuck at each end to protect the covers of the outer books from the unused shelf mounting holes.

:lol: Ironic.

sheldipez

Quote from: Proudhuff on 12 October, 2011, 03:52:17 PM
Radiator's pic shows all:

more spinetingling fun on the apt thread: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,33880.0.html

Wow those Case Files go on a diet from #12; straight down to size 0! Those poor things.

IndigoPrime

Shinier, more colourful, easier to read, and almost as many pages. I don't pity the things at all!

TordelBack

Quote from: sheldipez on 29 November, 2012, 02:33:54 PM
Wow those Case Files go on a diet from #12; straight down to size 0!

Solid muscle.

Skullmo

Quote from: Proudhuff on 12 October, 2011, 03:52:17 PM
Radiator's pic shows all:

more spinetingling fun on the apt thread: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,33880.0.html

I had never really thought about it . . . .but yes - that misaligned spineage is so annoying. They need to be trained in the Alexander Principle!
It's a joke. I was joking.

SmallBlueThing

There's a special kind of thrill-tingling reserved for when the 'new replies' function on my phone pings to let me know the 'Spines' thread has been updated.

SBT

James Stacey

It's a thread close to my heart too.

The Adventurer

I find my stance about spines has softened in my old age...

Or basically I gave up because of all the inconsistency over the last year or so. You just can't win.  Though i rather do like what they did with Absalom, I kinda hope that's their new 'standard' for all-new series collections.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

SmallBlueThing

I'd definitely  prefer a bit more experimentation in the spinage- and even the front covers. Who really wants an entire bookcase full of stuff that looks the same? Surely it's much more interesting to play around with them?

I'd start by redesigning the Case Files- the American ones look great!

There's been some much-appreciated movement in the design of 2000AD trades of late- but the spines have suffered with overuse of the design, i think. Brighter colours! More contrast!

SBT

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Adventurer on 13 December, 2012, 11:18:24 AMOr basically I gave up because of all the inconsistency over the last year or so. You just can't win.
Quite. Bear in mind even the Peanuts collections by Canongate—surely the easiest spines in the world to get consistent—have errors. Fro 63/64, the logo has been red rather than the book's key colour, and the year stamp moves up and down.