Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

I find the passing of Kenny Baker just incredibly sad. He lived a long full life by all accounts.  This fucking year.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Mattofthespurs

Big shits.
Just massive.
Rest in peace Kenny.

(sad beep)

Something Fishy

a fantastic innings but sad none the less.  RIP Kenny.

CrazyFoxMachine

:'( Poor sweet Fidget

Grugz

always remember him buying a bunny from my dads pet shop and didn't believe it was him at first! a friend was very blasé about it though as her son went to school with his.
r2.i.p ken
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

TordelBack

Met Kenny and his wife just the once at a tiny con in 1999, chatted briefly about Time Bandits and his friendship with Bryan Talbot, and he signed my copy of Heart of Empire (and an R2 figure, naturally). He was cheery and engaged, despite dealing with feck knows how many worshipful spodes in a row: a pure gentleman. It remains my fondest 'celebrity' encounter. RIP, Sir Kenny.

Bat King

RIP Kenny Baker
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

JayzusB.Christ

Aw, no. RIP Kenny
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

Truly sad news about Kenny Baker. RIP.  :'(

Hawkmumbler

Sad news indeed about Kenny Baker. RIP

Heath C Ackley

Another childhood idol passes away. RIP.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Professor Bear

Dalian Atkinson, ex Aston Villa player.  Tasered to death by police.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Professor Bear on 15 August, 2016, 11:50:57 AM
Dalian Atkinson, ex Aston Villa player.  Tasered to death by police.
Blimey, from one taser round? Thats shocking, reports say it was for his own safety as well, wonder what the story is here.

vzzbux

Reports say he was in a drunken rage so  police tried to subdue him. Doubt they new he would have a dicky heart.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

CrazyFoxMachine

Gilli Smyth of Gong - a year or so after Daevid. We saw them play together in 2013 and even the two of them having a spot of food in the pub beforehand. Despite their relatively advanced ages I would've never have dreamt only a few years later they'd both be gone  :'(