Main Menu

dreddcon advise

Started by maryanddavid, 26 September, 2005, 04:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

hi all
im going to dreddcon, and im hoping to do it in one day.flying in to luton airport in the morning and flying out again that evening.
from what i can can gather oxford is only about 40 miles from luton airport, but i cant seem to find a bus or train that dosent take less than two and ahalf hours on the net, any help of suggestions appreciated.

david

Tiplodocus

That's right - it's a bugger to get to.

I ended up travelling into THAT London and then getting a bus out to Oxford last year.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

DavidXBrunt

In which case wouldn't flying straight to THAT London be the easier option?

Mike Carroll

Bloody hell, David... That's a bit crazy! I've just had a quick check on-line for taxis, and apparently a taxi from Luton to Oxford will cost about ?85 (and you'd have to get back, too!).

Maybe some fan travelling from the Luton area would be kind enough to give you a lift?

Alternatively, you can hire a car from Avis (www.avis.co.uk) for a lot less than a taxi: their site quotes ?35 for a day (for a Corsa 1.2 LS). Though if you did that you'd have to find somewhere to park in Oxford (and pay for it)!

It might even be easier to let the flights go and try to book another flight into Heathrow; there's lots of buses and trains from there to Oxford, and they're pretty cheap.

Hope you can sort it out: my wife and I will be there, and it'd be great to know that we'll be meeting someone who isn't a stranger!

Cheers,
Mike C