Main Menu

DREDD movie tie in video game!!!!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 December, 2010, 08:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misanthrope

If the film is closer to our environment than that of the comics, I can not see why we can't see a GTA4 style game.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

I, Cosh

Never mind all that free-roaming codswallop.

Angry Birds style Judge Dredd iPhone game. Fire different types of Judges/helmets at rickety city-blocks full of thieving pigs, I mean perps. Genius.

Or an old skool text adventure, but using your phone's terrible speech recognition for input. Imagine a carriage full of commuters all shouting "HI EX!" and "Ricochet" at each other.

That will be a million pounds each please Rebellion. Or you can just give me a free sub for life.
We never really die.

GordonR

Quote from: Ratty on 10 January, 2011, 11:40:03 PM
If the film is closer to our environment than that of the comics, I can not see why we can't see a GTA4 style game.

I can think of tens and tens of millions of reasons why we won't see that anytime soon, because that's how much the development costs of a decent free-roaming game comes to.  (And the price tag for yer genuine GTA4 style game starts at about $100 million.)

Roger Godpleton

How much did that Playboy centrefold cost?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Misanthrope

QuoteI can think of tens and tens of millions of reasons why we won't see that anytime soon, because that's how much the development costs of a decent free-roaming game comes to.  (And the price tag for yer genuine GTA4 style game starts at about $100 million.)

Bugger.

Rog69

Quote from: GordonR on 11 January, 2011, 12:09:58 AM
Quote from: Ratty on 10 January, 2011, 11:40:03 PM

I can think of tens and tens of millions of reasons why we won't see that anytime soon, because that's how much the development costs of a decent free-roaming game comes to.  (And the price tag for yer genuine GTA4 style game starts at about $100 million.)

That's why I suggested they should licence it out to somebody like Rockstar to do, I don't think Rebellion would be the ideal dev to do it even if they had the budget but a company like Rockstar has the experience with that style of game and with their brand mixed with Dredd it couldn't really fail to be a hit.

It'll never happen though, I think the best that we can hope for is for rebellion to knock out a decent FPS.

GordonR

Rockstar wouldn't touch it.  They're all about generating and developing their own Intellectual Properties.  GTA is a billion dollar franchise.  Why take their best team off that and put them onto another game that they don't own in order to make money for someone else?

However much a R* Dredd-licenced game would make, they would make a lot more for themselves doing another GTA or Red Dead game.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'd make do with a Dredd game on Facebook, or even one that plays on a touch screen phone if there isn't going to be a release around the films release date.

willthemightyW

Have free roam, but with the option to play as a perp or judge. If you are a perp you can form a gang or join one or be part of total war or something. Dredd goes on missions to Brit cit or East meg. To make it longer, once you've completed the Dredd story line you unlock slighter shorter campaigns for a rookie, who progresses to street judge (allowing more character development than the Dredd one), a brit cit judge, and a sov city judge. or you could have them as downloadable content off of the xbox marketplace. Which gives me another idea, Dredd: Cursed Earth expansion!
So long as it's good I don't mind if it's set in the movie world, maybe as a prequel/sequel to the movie, or as the movie story line being one of the missions you get called to while in free roam. Of course if that was the case the ma-ma gang mission would need to be one of the longer ones.
Or, idealy, the movie sparks a game with the same free roaming thing, but set in the comics world, which may be more unlikely but it's happened in the past.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Misanthrope

I do remember playing Mercenaries on the PS2 wishing that a Rogue Trooper game in the same mould could be made.

The PS2 version of Rogue was fantastic (and so well written) but it was too damn short.

Michaelvk

Quote from: Ratty on 15 January, 2011, 01:02:03 AM

The PS2 version of Rogue was fantastic (and so well written) but it was too damn short.

It's because peoples attention spans have shortened severely over the years.. I remember when a game... Ooh, what's that shiny thing?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Professor Bear

Squirrel!

I'm not sure any spin-off game has to be a stone cold classic given the rise in shovelware and downloadable games and content of late.  A basic FPS Dredd tie-in would probably be enough for me, as would a straight port of the PS2 Dredd game if there was a trophy/achievement patch.

radiator

QuoteI'm not sure any spin-off game has to be a stone cold classic given the rise in shovelware and downloadable games and content of late.  A basic FPS Dredd tie-in would probably be enough for me, as would a straight port of the PS2 Dredd game if there was a trophy/achievement patch.

....or a Dredd game where you actually fight criminals, as opposed to zombies and vampires.

HdE

Quote from: Ratty on 15 January, 2011, 01:02:03 AM
I do remember playing Mercenaries on the PS2 wishing that a Rogue Trooper game in the same mould could be made.

Co freakin' SIGNED!

I don't have any time for gaming these days, but that game was SO good! It's actually a big part of what got me reading the 2000 AD material again - though, curiously, I've not picked up any Rogue Trooper...
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

mogzilla

Quote from: radiator on 18 January, 2011, 04:55:02 PM
QuoteI'm not sure any spin-off game has to be a stone cold classic given the rise in shovelware and downloadable games and content of late.  A basic FPS Dredd tie-in would probably be enough for me, as would a straight port of the PS2 Dredd game if there was a trophy/achievement patch.

....or a Dredd game where you actually fight criminals, as opposed to zombies and vampires.

i constantly replayed the bank level and docks just to fight /arrest perps took me ages to arrest the bank robbers without a single casualty.

for the new film i'd prefer a third person gears of war thang with cover and they could stick a lawmaster drivy bit in as well :)