Main Menu

something to do whilst bored

Started by fraston, 26 October, 2001, 10:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraston

...is lots of this typing lark.

also today i read in comics international that dark horse are planning to reprint raindogs and glimmer rats as hardcover collections.

this is good because i want the glimmer rats book.

and i can't read the german one.

F

nathan

According to Previews (Nov, p.285 ), there's going to be a reprint of  Gordon Rennie's earlier work White Trash, which I've always wanted to read.
So with Glimmer Rats and Rain Dogs as well, there's gonna be a lot of exposure and recognition for Gordon's work.
Is that what they call a Rennie-sance?

N.

pauljholden

Is that what they call a Rennie-sance?

*groan*

Have to admit this months previews does seem to be fairly Rennie packed.

I can't stand his work, and I know Milo hates the guy.

nathan

The only thing Rennie's written that I didn't think much of is the fairly recent John Woo-style Dredd, but that was more to do with the awful art.

N.

W. R. Logan

>The only thing Rennie[backslash]'s written that I didn[backslash]'t think much of is the fairly recent John Woo-style Dredd, but that was more to do with the awful art.
>
>N.

Who was the artist on that one I don't seem to recall it, but I generally forget the names of the 'awful' artists.

Yours sincerely,
Wm Wenders.

Wils

Wasn't the John Woo story drawn by someone whose name sounds something like 'Peanut Holder'? If it *is* him, he types with an accent, so I'm assuming he comes from somewhere like Wales or Dudley. :P

Wils

Thread Zero

I can't stand his work, and I know Milo hates the guy.

What, someone else apart from me??!!

:O)

scojo

Thread Zero

Wasn't the John Woo story drawn by someone whose name sounds something like 'Peanut Holder'? If it *is* him, he types with an accent, so I'm assuming he comes from somewhere like Wales or Dudley. :P

Wils
The artist was P.J. Holden. Story was "Sino Town". Prog 1233.

The use of language confusion as a story idea (as seen in Sino Town) was already done in a John Wagner Dredd. Prog 95O I think. (Maybe wrong with the number!)
It was the first new look 2000AD after the Dredd movie came out. With Stallone on the cover.
The story was about some tourists who came to Big Meg and their translation machine was faulty.

scojo

O Lucky Stevie!

The use of language confusion as a story idea (as seen in Sino Town) was already done in a John Wagner Dredd. Prog 95O I think. (Maybe wrong with the number!)

preceded by alan moore & brendan mccarthy's (when are we going to see him back the progs, eh?) excellent 'The English/Phlondrutian Phrasebook' future shock in prog 214 (May 1981).

steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"