Main Menu

Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?

Started by sheldipez, 18 December, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I read all of the Night Zero stories not that long back. The first two struggled a little, were a bit generic while strangely trying to do too much that was different, but the art was nice. I enjoyed the third series Below Zero a lot more, but alas then it got canned (or whatever its fate was), just as it was getting good.

Greg M.

I was the other way around - I really liked the first two (particularly the second one, though it may just have picked up some reflected glory from the fact that it was in the prog at the same time as Zenith, Cinnabar and Bisley-era Slaine - what a line-up!) but was not keen at all on the third. The art was indeed consistently good though.

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 15 May, 2013, 05:01:24 PM
The art was indeed consistently good though.

I really liked Kev Hopgoods art too, and as you mention, coming from that era in 2000AD that was saying something.
Shame he never did much work for the Prog.

Dodsy

I'm currently going through my back progs with the intention of selling a load and replacing them with the Trades/ "Floppies" of my favs to save some room. A character I'd totally forgotten about but would love to see reprinted in a "floppie" is Rose O'Rion from Pulp Sci-Fi/ her own series.
As far as I can remeber it was a fun thrill. Anyone agree?
Twitter - @dodsy84

Skullmo

Quote from: dodsy on 20 May, 2013, 12:57:04 PM
I'm currently going through my back progs with the intention of selling a load and replacing them with the Trades/ "Floppies" of my favs to save some room. A character I'd totally forgotten about but would love to see reprinted in a "floppie" is Rose O'Rion from Pulp Sci-Fi/ her own series.

It was terrible! :)
It's a joke. I was joking.

Recrewt

I was looking on the 2000ad org site recently at what floppies had already come out - 'The best of pulp sci-fi' was released with Meg 296.  Not read it myself, so I won't comment on the quality of content!

Dodsy

Quote from: Skullmo on 20 May, 2013, 01:36:38 PM

It was terrible! :)

Was it that bad? I think I remember the first off of being good but could be wrong about the solo series.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Cactus

Next month is Google Car Roadkill. Hurrah!
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Dodsy

Since my last idea was poo-pooed ( :lol: ) how about a Lobster Random collection? I think it was only ever the first series that was collected, it would have to include the series it [spoiler]crossed over with[/spoiler] but I can't remeber the name of the top of my head.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Hawkmumbler

The Adventurer

I say it a lot, but its absurd that we haven't had a proper Lobster Random soft cover trade. Also needs another series.

Its too great to be relegated to Meg Floppy status.

Though I would take a complete digital edition. hint hint wink wink

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dodsy

Quote from: The Adventurer on 04 June, 2013, 10:33:04 PM
I say it a lot, but its absurd that we haven't had a proper Lobster Random soft cover trade. Also needs another series.

Its too great to be relegated to Meg Floppy status.

Though I would take a complete digital edition. hint hint wink wink

Glad I'm not the only one. I'll admint I'd kind of forgotten about Lobster Random until I picked up the first series in hard back from Forbidden Plant in Manchester for £2.50 (That alone probably explains why we haven't seen the other series collected).
Really enjoyed re-reading it and plan to dig out the bag progs to read the rest of the series.
Twitter - @dodsy84

sheldipez

I'm starting to think that most people stick the floppies in the bin going off how many people I've messaged on ebay when trying to fill gaps in my collection.

Getting hold of a complete meg outside of the 2000 ad store is mission impossible.

Simon Beigh

It's the people that split the floppy from the Meg and sell them separately that gets me. Keep an eye on the classifieds on the forum. I now own every Meg from Volume 5 (201 onwards) and I got them from three different forum members, all of whom included the floppy. They were in fantastic condition and much cheaper than eBay.

I have a spare 331 with floppy if that's of use?

sheldipez

Quote from: SimeonB on 23 July, 2013, 09:54:21 PM
It's the people that split the floppy from the Meg and sell them separately that gets me. Keep an eye on the classifieds on the forum. I now own every Meg from Volume 5 (201 onwards) and I got them from three different forum members, all of whom included the floppy. They were in fantastic condition and much cheaper than eBay.

I have a spare 331 with floppy if that's of use?

Splitting floppies! Do people not take heed of the "not for resale" warning?! Tharg will not be pleased. Got 331 cheers for the offer though, I've got a gap of 327 at the mo and as much as it's killing me I've already spent too much on a combination of back issues and bags & boards this month to fill it right now.