Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: ZippoCreed on 30 December, 2014, 05:01:59 PM
I was sorry to hear about the death of the fine actress Billie Whitehall over the holiday period

Must be Billie Whitelaw, Zippo?

Funnily enough she starred in two of my recent DVD viewings- the insanely evil Mrs. Baylock in 'The Omen', and a great turn as the wife / mother of some Lycantropy sufferers in 'Supernatural'.
Fine actress indeed.

Heath C Ackley

Forgive me, too much alcohol has flowed beneath my bridge recently! She was a great actress, particularly her work with Beckett.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Link Prime

Quote from: ZippoCreed on 31 December, 2014, 05:33:04 PM
too much alcohol has flowed beneath my bridge recently!

Likely the reason both of us will end up on this thread someday Zippo.  ;)

Dunk!

For me she'll always be the voice of Aughra the best character in The Dark Crystal.

A minor mark on her CV but still great.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Albion

Farewell Bernard Jordan. The WW2 veteran who left his care home unannounced last year to go to France for the D-Day anniversary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-30699446
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dunk!

Rod Taylor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-30738498

Time Machine is one of my fav Sci-fi films of that era.

84, a good innings. RIP Rod.

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Goaty

Aw RIP Rod, he was very handsome, great in the Time Machine.

Jim_Campbell

Lance Percival although, to be brutally honest, I thought he'd shuffled off years ago!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Spikes

Aye RIP Mr Taylor. Yep, the Time machine is a real firm fave.
(Didn't Rod have a cameo in Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds, playing Churchill?)

And RIP to Lance Percival as well.
A friend of mine a few years ago, thought he saw him whilst on holiday in Spain. I said did you say owt to him, or get his autograph (He's a massive Carry on.. fan), and my mate said  No, I was sure it was him, but I also thought he'd died yonks ago...!

Grugz

Harry Hill's tv career judging by tonght ::)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

A.Cow

Quote from: Grugz on 10 January, 2015, 07:38:15 PM
Harry Hill's tv career judging by tonight ::)

Quite the opposite, I believe.  Despite the extremely stagy & cheesy production (which'll get ironed out, I'm sure), it's fun family entertainment -- something the badly BBC struggles to emulate -- and he's now firmly established as one of the triumvirate of tentpoles keeping ITV in business, alongside Simon Cowell and Ant & Dec.

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: A.Cow on 11 January, 2015, 12:51:29 AM
and he's now firmly established as one of the triumvirate of tentpoles keeping ITV in business, alongside Simon Cowell and Ant & Dec.

Just when you thought tents couldn't get any less attractive...;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Grugz

Quote from: A.Cow on 11 January, 2015, 12:51:29 AM
Quote from: Grugz on 10 January, 2015, 07:38:15 PM
Harry Hill's tv career judging by tonight ::)

Quite the opposite, I believe.  Despite the extremely stagy & cheesy production (which'll get ironed out, I'm sure), it's fun family entertainment -- something the badly BBC struggles to emulate -- and he's now firmly established as one of the triumvirate of tentpoles keeping ITV in business, alongside Simon Cowell and Ant & Dec.

perhaps,but first impressions an all that
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ZenArcade

Can't believe Squaxx are watching TV on a Saturday night when they should be monastically scrutinizing back progs or out evangelically recruiting new readers to the word of Tharg....like, what the hell boys and girls! Z  :o
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead