Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heath C Ackley

The beautiful actress Anita Ekberg. The scene in which she dances in the Trevi fountain will always be one the most iconic in European cinema.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Dandontdare

Brian Clemens, writer of so much of my childhood entertainment - The Avengers (original and New), the Professionals, a handful of Hammer films, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad  - the list is endless.

Daveycandlish

Huge fan of is work, especially the Avengers and one of my favourite Hammer films (and inspiration for my Jikan comic strip), Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter. RIP
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

A.Cow

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 January, 2015, 11:09:26 AM
Brian Clemens, writer of so much of my childhood entertainment - The Avengers (original and New), the Professionals, a handful of Hammer films, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad  - the list is endless.

... and, erm, Highlander II: The Quickening.  But we'll forgive that.

The man was a legend.

Spikes

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 January, 2015, 11:09:26 AM
Brian Clemens, writer of so much of my childhood entertainment...

So very true. 
RIP Mr Clemens

Goaty

Just realise Taylor Negron just passed away last weekend, he was comedy actor featured in many films and TV,

but to me he was the classic villain of The Last Boy Scout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC_tAlPdekQ

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Heath C Ackley

Brian Clemens was one of those writers who were so prolific that their names appeared everywhere during the 60's/70's/80's. A great screenwriter sadly missed.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Richmond Clements

Quote from: ZippoCreed on 12 January, 2015, 05:27:25 PM
Brian Clemens was one of those writers who were so prolific that their names appeared everywhere during the 60's/70's/80's. A great screenwriter sadly missed.

That's sad news for sci-fi geeks around the world... And beyond!

Hawkmumbler

2000 Nigerian civilians massacred by Boko Haram. Sad, sad day for the world in general.

rogue69

Sir Jack Hayward 91 the former17year owner of Wolves

Dunk!

Robert Kinoshita.

You won't know him by name but you can't have missed his work.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/people-news/robert-kinoshita-designer-of-lost-in-space-robot-dies-at-100-1201404482/

F**k the Lost in Space Robot he designed Robbie and for that I thank him.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

ZenArcade

Aw that's sad Forbidden Planet was one of those films I grew up on. A classic movie. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

HdE

Only just learned of the passing of Origa. And I'm absolutely miserable as a result.

Origa was best known for her vocal work on the songs 'Inner Universe' and 'Rise', which served as the front ends to the popular anime series 'Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex'. She reportedly passed away as a result of lung cancer at the age of 44.

Never mind the association with one of the greatest animated TV shows of all time - she was one of the most amazing vocalists I've ever heard.

Such an utterly awful, awful loss.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Hawkmumbler

Blimey, Origa's additions to the GitS OST's where vital in setting up the tone for those great series. 44 is no age to go out for such a strong talent.