Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Ian McLagan. Can't say I've ever listened to much of his own work but he was a regular fixture in Billy Bragg's touring band for much of the last fifteen years.
We never really die.

Ghost MacRoth

The various casualties in Glasgow today.  A terrible thing to happen at any time, never mind this time of year.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

ZenArcade

The Glasgow one is hard on the families. My thoughts go out to them. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

klute

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Grugz

Quote from: ZenArcade on 22 December, 2014, 06:19:19 PM
The Glasgow one is hard on the families. My thoughts go out to them. Z

aye, such a terrible thing to happen ,looks like the driver suffered a heart attack.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Spikes

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 22 December, 2014, 06:11:56 PM
The various casualties in Glasgow today.  A terrible thing to happen at any time, never mind this time of year.

Aye, a terrible thing indeed. Thoughts go out to the victims, and their families.

Tiplodocus

Well I just popped into the Blood Donor Centre to give my semi-traditional pre-christmas donation and it was just about queued out of the door.

Well done, Glasgow.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

sheridan

I missed it at the time, but Neal Barrett Jr, the author of the novelisation of /that/ Judge Dredd film, died near the beginning of this year.

"Neal Barrett, Jr., 84, author of acclaimed fantasy The Hereafter Gang (1991) and a number of celebrated short stories, among other works, died January 12, 2014."
http://www.locusmag.com/News/2014/01/neal-barrett-jr-1929-2014/

Heath C Ackley

I was sorry to hear about the death of the fine actress Billie Whitehall over the holiday period as well as fellow actor David Ryall.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Hawkmumbler

Leelah Alcorn. Not someone anyone will know. Just a normal girl driven to kill herself due to a society that frowns upon transexual people. Their are times I genuinely feel we live in a world where the good die so the wicked can survive.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Sadly, that's kind of a story with which I'm familiar.

...it sucks.
You may quote me on that.

ZenArcade

Bad Craic. RIP Leelah. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Bat King

Very sad. I've just read her letter on Snopes.

Race, Gender, Sexuality, Belief Systems, Physical Appearance, Disability, this list is not exhaustive - none of them are things one person should be troubled about with another person.

Sadly that's people. Someone will always have an opinion about how others live and how they should live.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 30 December, 2014, 10:00:52 PM
Leelah Alcorn. Not someone anyone will know. Just a normal girl driven to kill herself due to a society that frowns upon transexual people. Their are times I genuinely feel we live in a world where the good die so the wicked can survive.

I read this story this morning with growing anger. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Hawkmumbler

Even worse his the Facebook post made by her mother using incorrect pronouns, using her birth name,  and claiming she was 'Out for an early morning walk and hit by passing truck'. Yeah, on top of a fucking foot bridge. Unbelievable.