Main Menu

The 2000 AD Messageboard Advent Calendar 2018 COMMENTS Thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2018, 10:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: pauljholden on 02 December, 2018, 11:01:45 AM
Cor, I'll take that! (I don't deserve it, but I'll take it)

If anyone wants to suggest another dredd head for dreddcember in this thread I'll see if I can get round to it.

-PJ

That was quite awesome work.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Eamonn Clarke

If you want to go straight to the top ten results without listening to a 12 minute podcast  :'( you can find them in the top ten thread here:
https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=45288.msg997209#new

JayzusB.Christ

Great stuff so far.  Pete's got the Santa Claus singing voice down to a T, and has impressively managed to make the line about synthi-sausage scan perfectly.
Some of PJ's best work ever there too; love a bit of festive blood and eye-jelly, me.
Just listened to Eamonn's podcast while doing the dishes, lovely stuff (and nice to hear my, er, mild-mannered reporter friend Brian Walsh get a name-check).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Pete Wells

Thanks for (overly) the kind words on my little Carlos tribute. I was worried that it might have come across as twee or insensitive, but I figured anyone who knows me would know how much Carlos meant to me and that silly song really was from the heart.

Moving on, good old Eamonn once again gives us a Christmas glow with his endless kindness and sheer, unbridled loveliness.

And then there's PJ, crashing into the forum like an artistic colossus! The colours on that second Dredd are outstanding! Cheers Peej! If you're up for suggestions Peej, I'd LOVE to see teeth smashed in Dredd from Origins or Deadman Dredd (with helmet on) from Necropolis!

The advent calendar continues to delight!

Steve Green

von Boom

Wonderful start to this year's calendar! Terrific work all.

The Monarch

i;m kinda worrying i won't be able to do mines since both kazan and i are sick as hell atm

Pete Wells

Quote from: The Monarch on 02 December, 2018, 06:30:45 PM
i;m kinda worrying i won't be able to do mines since both kazan and i are sick as hell atm

Don't stress if you can't buddy. Real life is more important!

Colin YNWA

With some luck and a good wind behind me I might be able to break my 17th slot down into chunks and cover a couple of gaps if no one else can fill the slot...

shaolin_monkey

Hmm. Someone has said my image isn't appearing, and that I have posted a blank message in the Advent thread.

I linked to it in BBcode from IMGR, and I can see it. Is anyone else not able to view it?

Cosier

Quote from: The Monarch on 02 December, 2018, 06:30:45 PM

I have a small something that's ready to go. I was going to wait until the 24th but I can post it on the 9th if that would help.

Frank

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 02 December, 2018, 10:51:10 PM
Hmm. Someone has said my image isn't appearing, and that I have posted a blank message in the Advent thread.

I linked to it in BBcode from IMGR, and I can see it. Is anyone else not able to view it?

I can see it fine. Probably just your friend's browser acting up:

http://i.imgur.com/fIS0E5Q.jpg

Nice use of Shako and the Doghouse, but I don't get the two-headed sheep reference?

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Frank on 02 December, 2018, 11:16:11 PM

Nice use of Shako and the Doghouse, but I don't get the two-headed sheep reference?

Thanks for checking!

They're just Cursed Earth mutant sheep is all. :D

TordelBack

Despite all the incredible work on the 2000AD sculpts, it's fluffy Shako I love the best. He's the only bear on Santa's naughty list!