Main Menu

Wolverine 3: Old Man Logan?

Started by Goaty, 28 July, 2015, 08:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

TordelBack

I'm doubly biased, as the Cash version of Hurt is in my Top 10 favourite songs, and I've always had a soft spot for Wolvie, but this does look fun. Especially with the future Picard from 'All Good Things' on board!

matty_ae

Mark Millar is a commercial beast. And what made Old Man Logan work was off-setting the tired/one-last job cliche with curve balls like driving through Giant Man's skeleton, Spider-Girl's evilness and the whole world divided up by Villains. Even the Spider-Van (?)

This just looks plodding, dull and we've seen it all before.

After Deadpool and Spiderman turning up in Civil War - this looks a bit dated now.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

radiator

Certainly the first X movie I've been interested in seeing in a good few years. I like the low key look about it - could almost be a lowish budget genre movie.

Could not be further away from Origins: Wolverine, could we?

Quotecurve balls like driving through Giant Man's skeleton, Spider-Girl's evilness and the whole world divided up by Villains

I would be amazed if they don't include a few neat little easter eggs like those (but with characters Fox has the rights to).

Greg M.

The more this starts to resemble the brilliant Uncanny X-Men #251-252 Wolverine vs. Reavers story, and the less it borrows from Millar's dreadful Old Man Logan, the better.

JOE SOAP

Might be good but the trailer feels like a parody.

CrazyFoxMachine

Hurt is a bit of an obvious choice (and that Schindler's List poster is dumb) but when Patrick Stewart showed up I was sold. This looks like it's got a nice tight focus - not bad at all for a Wolverine solo movie!

TordelBack

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 20 October, 2016, 09:27:02 PM
Hurt is a bit of an obvious choice...

They should have gone with I Walk The Line, like the Stranger Things Power
Rangers
trailer did...

Goaty

Professor Bear

More superhero films should have neck-stabbing.
The Mark Millar influence is strong in this one, from the Old Man Logan starting point of the script to the HitGirl riff of X23, though there's going to be some cognitive dissonance for anyone taking an interest in the character based on the movie outing, as the comics went heavily down the route of oversexualised cheesecake artwork as some sort of bizarre counterbalance to the character's origins in a cartoon show.  Shades of The Last Of Us, too, with one shot in particular looking to be a rather heavy coincidence if it isn't a direct homage.
Looks good.

Mute77

Really like the look of this from the new trailer. Pretty violent and sweary!

Smith

JOE SOAP

Good that they ditched Johnny Cash for the trailers.

Goaty