Main Menu

Rebellion To reprint The Leopard from Lime Street

Started by Dash Decent, 27 February, 2017, 02:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

I've just been told this is mentioned in prog 2020.  If so, hooray!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Prodigal2

AlexF

Last week's Bookseller magazine has a whole page on 2000AD / Rebellion's plans to start reprinting old IPC/Egmont stuff.

One-Eyed Jack due in June
Leopard from Lime St vol 1 due in July
Marney the Fox in September
Misty book 2 (featuring the Sentinels and End of the Line) in November
Faceache (inc Ricky Rubberneck and other Ken Reid material) in December - this last one in Hardback (presumably going for the Beano/Dandy classic nostalgia market); all the others in paperback.

Ben Smith then says he intends to publish at least one new bit of reprint per month from 2018. Exciting times for everyone except our bank managers!

IndigoPrime

Good to see the variety here. Here's hoping for the complete The Thirteenth Floor in 2018!

Dash Decent

Quote from: AlexF on 27 February, 2017, 10:57:48 AM
Last week's Bookseller magazine has a whole page on 2000AD / Rebellion's plans to start reprinting old IPC/Egmont stuff.

Thanks AlexF!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: AlexF on 27 February, 2017, 10:57:48 AM
Leopard from Lime St vol 1 due in July

The July release is "Book 1", so there are at least two volumes in the offing.

If this breaks down into two volumes, they should title them "Catch Me if You Can" and "Hunt me if You Dare".
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Magnetica

Ok so for the non-initiated, a couple of questions :

- what is the Leopard of Limd Street about?

- I get the feeling there is a lot of love for it about. So guess you would recommend it, but can you explain why?

Colin YNWA

Wow that's a wonderfully refreshing line-up. Not sure its all for me BUT its great to see such variety in the output and will be fascinating to learn what gets an audience.

Great to see there's clearly a market for the Misty stuff since its getting a second volume (well I assume).

Thanks for that AlexF

sheridan

I see the other thread about forthcoming releases mentions Simon & Schuster (probably badly misspelt that second name!) for quite a few of the releases relating to the big buy from last year.  I'm guessing this means they're not directly published by Rebellion, but licenced out?

sheridan

Quote from: Magnetica on 27 February, 2017, 12:41:35 PM

wikipedia

The Amstor Computer

A fantastic lineup, hitting some classics as well as picking up at least one lesser-known strip. Very nice choices!

Was also interested to read that Rebellion have developed bespoke software to help the repro process, and that they've expanded their repro staff. Given that they are, as expected, having to work from the printed comics, that should put them in a great position to really get to grips with the archive and get the best possible results.

Big thumbs-up!

Molch-R

Quote from: sheridan on 27 February, 2017, 12:55:54 PM
I see the other thread about forthcoming releases mentions Simon & Schuster (probably badly misspelt that second name!) for quite a few of the releases relating to the big buy from last year.  I'm guessing this means they're not directly published by Rebellion, but licenced out?

Simon & Schuster are our distributor. 2000 AD/Rebellion prints all its own titles, S&S (along with subcontractor Harper Collins in the UK) handles all the distribution to bookstores.

Magnetica

Quote from: sheridan on 27 February, 2017, 12:56:31 PM

wikipedia

Thanks.

I was though looking for a bit more insight from the Hive Mind. Clearly people think "it's great" but I would like to know a bit more before investing my credits and more pertinently adding to my massive reading list (not to mention worsening my storage problem). e.g yes it's great and here is why.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Magnetica on 27 February, 2017, 01:13:42 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 27 February, 2017, 12:56:31 PM

wikipedia

Thanks.

I was though looking for a bit more insight from the Hive Mind. Clearly people think "it's great" but I would like to know a bit more before investing my credits and more pertinently adding to my massive reading list (not to mention worsening my storage problem). e.g yes it's great and here is why.

If I had to sum it up roughly in a line, it would be:

It's the UK's answer to Spider-Man, beautifully illustrated, and with a bit of a British spin on the concept.

There's a reason it cropped up so often in most-wanted reprint lists from fans of classic British comics  :)