Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Undercover Brothers and Fast Food have arrived this morning   :D

Anthony Garnon

Quote from: levers on 27 April, 2017, 12:23:21 PM
Has Undercover Brothers reached Forbidden Planet yet?

Yeah, it's in FP stores. Issue 59 never reached them mind, due to a distributor issue.

abelardsnazz

What volume number is Fast Food? I'm placing a guess at 78....

robert_ellis

Davgardo

Great couple of volumes and the colour spreads in Fast Food very welcome. It's always been odd when some centre spreads are in colour and others aren't, and when we get 2 releases where one has The League of Fatties, Requiem for a Heavyweight and Tony Tubbs in colour and the other has The Wally Squad in b&w it's particularly perplexing.

Minor niggle with the latter that I'm sure no-one else will give a toss about: Wally Squad's 3 episodes have all clearly been inked by Brendan McCarthy. Episode 1 is only credited to Brett Ewins and the error is then repeated in the new pre-story credits. Well, when I said minor niggle - VERY minor!

robert_ellis

I think it's always hard to know where Brett Ewins/McCarthy/Riot begin & end. Just wish we had more of their combined genius. Love the Undercover brothers book. Just seeing the names Ewins, Jock, Willsher & Sampson on the cover shows the strength & diversity of this series. That Patrick Goddard spine is starting to look good.

abelardsnazz

I enjoyed Undercover Brothers in the main. The repro on The Wally Squad isn't brilliant, but I suppose it's down to whatever material is available to work with. The Lenny Zero stories are great, and good to see Max Normal pop up - does he feature on the spine image? Haven't spotted him yet. Brit-Cit Babes isn't bad, I just found it a bit dull, but Driving Desire and Shirley Temple of Doom round the volume off nicely.

IndigoPrime

I got mine and delved into Fast Food first. It's a really fun book, with little that I didn't enjoy. The repro is mostly good, bar a few pages of B+W art that has lost detail (one DPS being particularly obvious in that regard). Hot Night in 95 seems oddly placed here, though, and I really don't understand Fast Food being positioned after the follow-up tale. Bit weird,

Only had a flick through Undercover Brothers so far and read the initial Wally Squad tale. I'm looking forward to this in the main.

abelardsnazz

The Hachette page is now showing issue 62 - Tales from the Black Museum. Difficult to make out the creators without squinting though!

robert_ellis

That's exciting - I loved the Mean Machine one.

EDazzling

The entire Tales of The Black Museum page-count to date is a hair under 250 pages, it's unlikely this'll have *all* of them, right? What's the highest page count we've had so far?

robert_ellis

The PJ Maybe volume looks pretty chunky & has about 236 pages so I guess it's not impossible. More likely they'll ditch a couple of strips as they'd need room for  the credits pages. As long as the David Roach strip is in there! This is a really cool idea for a volume..

robert_ellis

Issue 63 - 'Brothers of the Blood'  is up on the Hachette website. Great cover using the classic "He ain't heavy..." speech balloon!

JamesC

Quote from: EDazzling on 08 May, 2017, 02:52:47 PM
The entire Tales of The Black Museum page-count to date is a hair under 250 pages, it's unlikely this'll have *all* of them, right? What's the highest page count we've had so far?

Weren't some of them in the 'Horror Stories' volume though.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: JamesC on 12 May, 2017, 11:17:28 AM
Quote from: EDazzling on 08 May, 2017, 02:52:47 PM

Weren't some of them in the 'Horror Stories' volume though.

Looking up the contents of Horror Stories on Wikipedia: The Haunting of Sector House 9; Judgement; Road Stop; The Fear that Made Milwaukee Famous!; The Vampire Effect; Horror House; Christmas with the Blints; The Jigsaw Murders; The Beating Heart; don't think any of those fall under Tales...., but it looks like it'll be a great companion volume.