Main Menu

A Lancaster Comics Festival!?

Started by paulvonscott, 23 May, 2006, 06:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Apparently so, I've been in touch with Ant Mercer and he's trying to put together a small festival for self publishing types, pro comic creators (free gallery space to sell stuff apparently) and wotnot.  

As there is nothing much happening in the North, I'm intending to go in October.  The closest festival to me was Moniaive in Scotland, which ended last year.

Not much on the site yet, but worth a go.  Anyone else likely to go and make a day of it?

Link: http://www.lancastercomics.co.uk/index.html" target="_blank">LancasterComics

Richmond Clements

Looks promising. If there's nothing else on then, I think I could swing by that.

paulvonscott

Table space is expected to be in the ?5-?10 bracket as well, which sounds great.  

Jim_Campbell

Two questions:

1) Which fucktard decided to put a 730k JPEG on the front page? I'm on dial-up and I'm not waiting for that bastard to load!

2) Isn't Andy Diggle resident in that neck of the woods these days?

Cheers

Jim

PS ... Might go meself.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

I'll be looking at this myself if the Brighton event doesn't go ahead. Nice table costs as well!

Bolt-01

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Cheap, affordable and North!

Finn Sinn.

paulvonscott

"Which fucktard decided to put a 730k JPEG on the front page?"

LOL, I'll let him know it's a problem, Jim.

I've not heard Brighton is on, and I suspect it won't be, it was a brave effort but cost a lot of money to put on.

This is something different, it's in the North, and it needs our support.  All good reasons to
go.

I'll be there, barring acts of god etc.  

SamuelAWilkinson

I ought to be able to make it, barring my being totally unable to find work.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

DavidXBrunt

I'm in the North, I've money saved that was going towards Dreddcon, and I'm cheap. Plus my mate Andrew knows Lancaster very well indeed so could clue me up on what's best in town.