Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

briantm

Quote from: Skullmo on 22 January, 2015, 02:52:23 PM
Quote from: briantm on 22 January, 2015, 02:49:40 PM
Probably won't get any beyond the introductory offer.

Why?

Because I'm broke  :'( and have some of the stories in other formats.

Btw... for people checkin in about where it's available... I looked in a few places around Swansea yesterday but couldn't find it.

Got it in the market newsagents today and I would guess WH Smiths have it in now too.

briantm

Quote from: briantm on 22 January, 2015, 02:49:40 PM
I really like the cover designs. Minimalist with nice font choices. Unfortunately the spot red isn't very red on my book. It has a slightly wan tone to it; almost pinky. A tiny complaint that only the pedantic among us will even notice.
(*spelling mistake fixeroo)

COMMANDO FORCES

Looks like I'll be doing two extra subscriptions for fellow fans beyond these shores :thumbsup:

Spikes

And after much umming and ahhing I bought my copy of the first issue today.
Everything looks quite lovely, though ive not had chance to open her up, as yet.

And I found £2.00 about five minutes after buying it, so this one has cost me nowt.

Now, I only need to find in the gutter, the remaining £798.00 needed to complete the collection....

robert_ellis

You only need to find £1 each day for the next 3 years or so, and you can have the weekends off.

Skullmo

Grugz

none in Tesco Leyland though they did have the prog (in the kiddies section ) and the magazine so its off to preston or chorley tomoz probably
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

SIP

Picked up the first issue. It's a very nice book indeed.  I'm impressed!  Can't afford to subscribe but will certainly be picking a few up along the way.

amines2058

Mission accomplished. Two copies purchased one for me and one for my boy from my local one stop shop (which I did not know existed until I found out they were selling this! ) :-[

robert_ellis

Really looking forward to seeing the volumes about Dredd's extended universe - I'm hoping the old wally squad stories (Brett Ewins?) will be thematically packaged with dirty franks tales. I'm wondering if the Dredd / batman / aliens stuff is unlikely to be reprinted for copyright reasons - and the Dredd movie world stuff just doesn't fit in.

Goosegash

Quote from: Goosegash on 21 January, 2015, 06:19:17 PM
Didn't see any sign of this in WH Smiths Luton today. They also seem to've stopped carrying the weekly as well(although the Megazine was still there).  :'(

I can now report the weekly is back and the Mega Collection is in stock. Phew!

TordelBack

S'worth reflecting on the decision to lead with America in Volume 1.  Okay, you and I know that it's a classic storyline, but it could so easily have been Judge Death, or The Cursed Earth, or any other endlessly reprinted Bolland-led nostalgia fest for 40-somethings. I'd have been hard-pressed to even find the few quid for Vol 1 if that had been the case (I may have bought America four times now, but at least it's not an even dozen...). 

It think it speaks well of the involvement of Matt, Molcher and the gang that they are putting 'modern' Dredd (in the very real sense that the term applies to a 25 year old story) forward as the entry point, rather than depending on the usual 'I copied that for art class when I was 10' goodwill that 2000AD may have traded on in days gone by.

There are also some useful points of similarity between the story and Dredd 3D, such as Dredd and Beeny's partnership in 'Cadet', which will be familiar to the interested fan of the movie, right down the door-blowing drug-bust scene in both. 

It's a job well done, chaps.

Skullmo

Totally agree - and I'm glad to see Origins is coming too!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 January, 2015, 03:34:35 PM
... very real sense that the term applies to a 25 year old story...

Please don't ever, ever say America is 25 years old again please. JUST STOP IT NOW!

Christ I feel so old...