Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Spontaneous failure of the hard drive in which resides all the music, movies and TV shows for the Mac Mini that serves as our media centre. Usual disk recovery software isn't offering much hope. I have complete(ish) replica of the music library, but I'm not looking forward to re-ripping all those DVDs, given that most of them are still in boxes in the garage from when we moved house four years ago!

Bah.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

BSG: the [spoiler]insurrection[/spoiler] storyline was good. And Olmos was never anything but brilliant, but mostly it bored the tits off me with it being ponderous, self-important pish. however... the final line, [spoiler]while being part of an atrocious cop-out, was good.  [/spoiler]

Grugz

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 22 October, 2015, 10:49:09 PM
BSG: the [spoiler]insurrection[/spoiler] storyline was good. And Olmos was never anything but brilliant, but mostly it bored the tits off me with it being ponderous, self-important pish. however... the final line, [spoiler]while being part of an atrocious cop-out, was good.  [/spoiler]

was that supposed to go here?   http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=42675.0

have a word with one of the mods and he might move it for you ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Tiplodocus

I thought that Brian Blessed and Flash Gordon showing was next Thursday.

But it's November 29th!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

And for some reason it is taking me forever to make this Shepherdless Pie for tea.

Still using spuds and onions from the garden.

staticgirl

I left my pork casserole leftovers out in a warm kitchen instead of the fridge overnight so have had to chuck it away. Gah. It was nice.

Tiplodocus

One advantage of not having meat or dairy in the diet; that sort of thing very rarely is a problem.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 25 October, 2015, 06:04:47 PM
One advantage of not having meat or dairy in the diet; that sort of thing very rarely is a problem.

Tiplodocus

staticgirl

Well I've found some sausages in the freezer so Project Dead pig is back on. :)

Professor Bear

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 25 October, 2015, 06:07:43 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 25 October, 2015, 06:04:47 PM

I remember when I went vegan for a couple of years, I didn't bother telling anyone because of the hostility I'd seen it elicit when my veggie mates had mentioned it to anyone.  Curiously, it had always been dragged out of them, or they'd tipped their hand when we went somewhere to eat, so I always wonder where that "veggies are always harping on about it" thing came from.

Hawkmumbler

Look up a few posts on this very page and you'll see at least two examples. :lol:

staticgirl

Two of my friends went vegan and every time I went round their house they preached at me and started insulting my food choices. I stopped seeing them. Maybe other people have experienced that born again religion style.

Didn't get the preaching vibe from Tip, I hasten to add. It is one of the minor impediments of meat eating having to be careful about food poisoning. There has to be some advantages to vegetarianism and veganism other than the moral virtue (can't say health as my former friends managed to have the most unhealthy vegan diet possible).

sheridan

Quote from: Zombear on 25 October, 2015, 06:49:18 PM
I remember when I went vegan for a couple of years, I didn't bother telling anyone because of the hostility I'd seen it elicit when my veggie mates had mentioned it to anyone.  Curiously, it had always been dragged out of them, or they'd tipped their hand when we went somewhere to eat, so I always wonder where that "veggies are always harping on about it" thing came from.

I get exactly the same thing.  There are people I've known for years who have no idea I'm vegetarian.  Usually the same one who accuse me (and other veg*ns) of harping on about our diet will spend half an hour telling us they'll order two dead pigs just to spite us, etc...

sheridan

Quote from: staticgirl on 25 October, 2015, 07:24:52 PM
There has to be some advantages to vegetarianism and veganism other than the moral virtue (can't say health as my former friends managed to have the most unhealthy vegan diet possible).

Health is the main advantage, but people who like junk food will always find a way to eat unhealthily.  Assuming they have a balanced diet, decreased risk of heart disease, various types of cancer, diabetes, obesity and hypertension (those were from a university website).