Main Menu

Ash Vs. Evil Dead (TV Series)

Started by Goaty, 01 June, 2015, 04:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Trailer is absolutely pitch perfect for me! So many good laughs and Ash moments just in that short clip, and looks like they've really nailed the energy and style of the films. The bottle didn't bother me (I cackled pretty hard at that if I'm honest) and damn, it just feels great to have some new Evil Dead to look forward to (the remake really didn't scratch the same itch for me at all).

Very excited now, and worrying about what channel will get it in the UK so I know if I can see it or not!

sheridan

Quote from: Mardroid on 11 July, 2015, 12:01:44 PM
I love that seem to be keeping that blend of horror, gore and humour from the second film.
Nothing strange about that - you're actually likely to encounter someone being threatened with a broken bottle - the other things you mentioned are much less common.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Mardroid on 11 July, 2015, 12:01:44 PM
Yep! The link appeared to be broken for me, but that might just be because I'm using an Amazon device.

This one worked.

I love that seem to be keeping that blend of horror, gore and humour from the second film. [spoiler]The broken bottle bit though... sorry bit too much for me. Weirdly I can watch exploding heads and beheadings with chain-saws, and find it amusing, but the imagery of stabbing someone epeatedly in the jugular with a broken bottle disturbs me in a visceral way the other violence and gore doesn't.
[/spoiler]
Not to the extent that I wont watch it though. The pros outweight the cons for me. I've been waiting ages for a New Evil Dead film and this looks like it might be as good, if not better!

I understand your preference for seeing chainsaw action over broken-bottle (I know another name for those, but won't repeat it here....) action. One of them makes a noise, and that would be hard to hide....

This looks sweet, but I don't get the thing about Jews and cross's.

COMMANDO FORCES

Google Jewish gravestones and see what religious symbol is on them!

ThryllSeekyr

Just by guessing.....

The Star of David???

Otherwise, I'm not so knowledgeable about theology.

CrazyFoxMachine

*ahem*

Yeah tonally that's pretty spot on isn't it - I've not seen the new Evil Dead film though - are there links between that and this I wonder?

Good job anyway - and nice to see a new series based on an old property that's not just a re-telling of it but a straight-up continuation. That's boldness.

M.I.K.

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 12 July, 2015, 01:13:41 PM
I've not seen the new Evil Dead film though - are there links between that and this I wonder?

Not yet, but all the original Evil Dead folk want it to tie in to the newer film further down the line if this series proves popular.

dweezil2

Not wanting to state the obvious, but that trailer looks proper groovy!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

PsychoGoatee

Spaceghost

Loved it. I'm almost more excited for this than the new Star Wars film.

As for the broken bottle neck stab, I laughed out loud at that but I can kind of understand why it might seem a bit much.

To be honest though, as a horror fan, I WANT to see things that make me feel sick. Like a jaded old pervert who can't get it up without ropes, pullies and ball-gags, I need something extra gory and disgusting to give me a horror boner.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Hawkmumbler

Brilliant, couldn't be more excited. Properly looking forward to this. :D

Goaty

Hawkmumbler

Little under a month away, and still no news for a UK broadcaster.

Woolly

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 04 October, 2015, 09:34:59 PM
Little under a month away, and still no news for a UK broadcaster.

At this rate, the UK broadcaster will turn out to be Bittorrent! Or the Horror channel, which means the picture quality will be shite.

Somebody better pick this up, I don't want to break the law dammit!

Goaty