Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o1s1n

My favourite Finn image of all time is this one. Actually it surpasses Finn in that it's one of my all time favourite 2000ad covers.

Skullmo

Quote from: o1s1n on 19 May, 2013, 07:31:43 PM
My favourite Finn image of all time is this one. Actually it surpasses Finn in that it's one of my all time favourite 2000ad covers.

That is am amazing cover. I have no idea who owns that, Maybe someone on here?
It's a joke. I was joking.

o1s1n

I hope someone here owns it, would be something else to get a bit of a closeup gawk at the original art. Had that cover hanging on a wall for years.

It saddens me that there's so little Mick Austin artwork on CAF...thankfully that's soon to change due to your recent sleuthing ;)

Actually the one piece (that Dredd cover to Classic Judge Dredd) which Mark owns was the first Judge Dredd comic I ever bought. Almost pissed myself when I saw it on ebay  :lol:

Skullmo

Quote from: o1s1n on 19 May, 2013, 07:50:10 PM
I hope someone here owns it, would be something else to get a bit of a closeup gawk at the original art. Had that cover hanging on a wall for years.

It saddens me that there's so little Mick Austin artwork on CAF...thankfully that's soon to change due to your recent sleuthing ;)

Actually the one piece (that Dredd cover to Classic Judge Dredd) which Mark owns was the first Judge Dredd comic I ever bought. Almost pissed myself when I saw it on ebay  :lol:

Had I seen it on Ebay it would be mine :D

If someone here did own it I'm sure they could show you some close ups. Did you ever notice that there is a gun pointing at Finn just under the 60p?
It's a joke. I was joking.

o1s1n

First a man organ spewing at Torq, now a gun pointing at Finn...I swear to feck you have a time machine and are retro-fitting all of this  :lol:

hippynumber1

Quote from: Skullmo on 19 May, 2013, 07:43:04 PM
Quote from: o1s1n on 19 May, 2013, 07:31:43 PM

That is am amazing cover. I have no idea who owns that, Maybe someone on here?

Ahem...  :-[

hippynumber1

And my Austin Dredd cover is next on the list for a proper scanning next weekend to replace that Gruddawful photo I have on CAF... Keep 'em peeled...  ;)

o1s1n

Not only do you have that Austin Dredd cover, you also have that Austin Finn cover to prog 811????

And you warned ME about Hicklenton pages?  :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to see scans of both!!! :):)

hippynumber1

Quote from: o1s1n on 19 May, 2013, 09:40:56 PM
Not only do you have that Austin Dredd cover, you also have that Austin Finn cover to prog 811????

And you warned ME about Hicklenton pages?  :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to see scans of both!!! :):)

Yea! Take THAT mister!  :lol:

malak brood

I managed to pick up a little Carlos cover.......I've forgotten how to post images here...Judge jack will help me out in time, but in the interim you can view it here....

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1015489

If you are a CAF member, show it some love and leave a comment........

ming

That's a beauty...  Delightful detail on this one - congrats, M. brood!   :)

To save Iain a job:

hippynumber1

That Ezquerra bloke's work is alright innit!

malak brood

QuoteThat's a beauty...  Delightful detail on this one - congrats, M. brood!   

To save Iain a job:

thanks Ming!  and Hippynumber 1.......yep.....he did have an eye for a cover huh?

Link Prime

Very nice Ezquerra cover Malak! :thumbsup:

Spikes

Quote from: malak brood on 21 May, 2013, 08:48:40 PM
I managed to pick up a little Carlos cover...

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1015489

Oh, so thats what was heading your way! Very nice indeed.
Cracking vintage, and always loved that 'Wanted - Zapped or Alive!' tagline. Fond memories of this cover, so congrats on snagging it!

Quote from: malak brood on 21 May, 2013, 08:48:40 PM
I've forgotten how to post images here

You still have that PM i sent you? If lost, ill dig it out of my 'sent' messages folder and resend it.
Links, and especially images are the lifeblood on this thread. Still, i had trouble posting images to begin with, on here. A certain Ming chap was able to point me in the right direction, regarding that.