Main Menu

Small Press Forum?

Started by Dunk!, 16 August, 2010, 09:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Are there any places on the web that discuss Small Press comics (British mainly) folks would recommend?

Cheers in advance,

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Dandontdare

Our very own Stacey Whittle does a great podcast called "Small Press, Big Mouth" which has an associated forum on the Geek Syndicate website.

Dunk!

Can someone invite me into Smallzone?

I'll play nice.
"Trust we"

Emperor

Quote from: Dunk! on 16 August, 2010, 02:08:06 PM
Can someone invite me into Smallzone?

I'll play nice.

I'd need your email address... but also I think it is closing/migrating elsewhere as Ning have introduced charges (but I'd need to check to be sure).

Your best bet is Down the Tubes - ask John if you can have a small press forum.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

M.I.K.

Quote from: Emperor on 16 August, 2010, 02:52:54 PM
I'd need your email address... but also I think it is closing/migrating elsewhere as Ning have introduced charges (but I'd need to check to be sure).

No, it isn't. Some other comicy ning sites, are but Smallzone's staying where it is.

Quote from Shane Chebsey...

QuoteI will be keeping the Smallzone Ning Network going for the forseeable future despite the new Ning charges coming into play in July. The pricing is higher than I'd like, but hopefully with advertising it'll pay for itself, and it aint gonna break the bank so I'm happy to pay to keep it going as I can see it's benefiting lots of fellow creatives.

Emperor

Quote from: M.I.K. on 16 August, 2010, 03:57:01 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 16 August, 2010, 02:52:54 PM

No, it isn't. Some other comicy ning sites, are but Smallzone's staying where it is.

Quote from Shane Chebsey...

QuoteI will be keeping the Smallzone Ning Network going for the forseeable future despite the new Ning charges coming into play in July. The pricing is higher than I'd like, but hopefully with advertising it'll pay for itself, and it aint gonna break the bank so I'm happy to pay to keep it going as I can see it's benefiting lots of fellow creatives.

Ah ha - I've clearly lost track of who is and isn't shutting their Ning sites (the Ning site used to provide a place you could get an overview of the sites you were signed up to but that seemed to disappear in the redesign, so I suspect I have lost track of the Ning sites I've joined too).

So yes if you send me your email address I can invite you.

I also recommend Down the Tubes.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+