Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, (MAYBE!!!) 14/04/07, 7.40pm, GRIDLOCK...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 14 April, 2007, 05:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...whats the bet the football over-runs AGAIN and DR Who gets put back aweek as feared???...

Noisybast

Of course it will. The football always fucks up the good TV.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

petemaskreplica

BBC1 postpone their flagship programme? Not bloody likely. Anyway, I can't see Watford taking MU Rowdies into extra time.

opaque

Why it couldn't be on afterwards and just late I don't know.
Surely Dr Who is miles more important than making sure Any Dream Will Do is on on time?

The Monarch

Banners

philt

First one of this series I've watched. That was utter, utter bollox.

Steve Green

Swifty Frisco and the Terror Tube anyone?

- Steve

Robin Low

"First one of this series I've watched. That was utter, utter bollox."

Why?

Regards

Robin

opaque

Oh he admits he nicked the ideas from MC1.
I thought of Max Normal as soon as I saw him but didn't expect it to be mentioned :)

SamuelAWilkinson

The Face of Boe's revelation: Not really that revelatory for anyone with any notion of how scifi telly works, is it?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

opaque

But as has just been said.
The Face of Boe isn't lying and the Doctor isn't wrong (in thinking he's alone), it's somewhere inbetween.

Mangamax

So, the Dredd namecheck, the 2000 AD namecheck and the admission that he nicked the idea of the motorway from the Prog, along with that that def was Max Normal.
Should Rebellion be getting a payment then?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

pauljholden

It was a real case of spot the reference: old couple at start=american gothic. News announcer=Swifty Frisco, in fact the entire look of the motor way seems to have been lifted from the first couple of pages of Halo Jones.

Liked the plot twist but seemed like an episode that doesn't go anywhere.

What opaque forgot to say is that the MC1 and Max Normal are mentioned in the commentary.

- pj

Adrian Bamforth

RTD trying to do satire is never a pretty sight. Also annoying is the way you get characters with alien, plant or animal bits (next week: pigs), yet not bothering to give any real different character to their race. Father Dougal looked like he had just had his face painted at a kids party.