Main Menu

Something wicked...

Started by Richmond Clements, 14 November, 2003, 01:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Oddboy

When's it released? It should have been out already shouldn't it...they were supposed to be out every November.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Mikey

I can't see it.What is it?

i do feel vaguely excited though...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Priv8eye

looks interesting - this ones supposed to be darker than the others released

Looks like more of Snape as well - I kinda like him

Art

Phew. For a second there I thought someone was messin' with Ray Bradbury.

Mikey

Ahh,it's Harry Potter.

Haven't seen any of this childish drivel.

Heh heh heh.

M.

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Oddboy

Mikey - be warned (so far at least) the films have been immensly rubbish compared to the books (but then again...what film is these days, huh?)

Priv8eye

Good point there from Oddboy

The films can be sickeningly sweet compared to the books....I almost vomited at the end of the second one

Agrivar

I almost vomited at the start.

(But that might have down to all the beer I drank before I watched it)

Bony Fella

True, but if u look at the books, the first two are a lot more childish..... plus the third is my fave neway! then the 5th probably. I have high hopes for this movie since they fired the director of the last 2 abysmal movies...... ooh, please grud don't let my hopes be smashed...

Oddboy

Yeah, the first two are a lot more childish...but then that in itself is a good thing. The main character is 11 in the first book, he is a child.
By the 5th book he's 15, he's matured a lot & so has the story (and the page-count!)

Priv8eye

I havn't read three, although I probably will before the film comes out, and I havn't read five yet either , but have read all the rest (and in the wrong order) but as they go on they do get a little better although how much more adult I'm not too sure ( I still the best kids kids book in the world is most likely to be "The Hobbit")

Agrivar

SPOILER

I thought the anal sex scene in the fifth one between ron and hermione was going a bit far personally.

James

Priv8eye

Agrivar:I can't beleive you'd ruin the book like that for me! ;)  (LOL)