Main Menu

Worst Lines From Anywhere

Started by SiriusB, 11 September, 2004, 10:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiriusB

So there have been best lines from films and best lines from anywhere but what about the most diabolical ones?  There's a rich vein to be tapped there....

esoteric ed

I'll play, how about:

"Don't say you're easy on me, you're about as easy as a nuclear war"

From Duran Duran's "Is There Something I Should Know?"

Ouch

Ed

SiriusB

Ouch indeed - ahhhh! How we loved those new romantics.

Richmond Clements

"If it bleeds, we can keel it."

Or, on in the same vein as ed's,
"I'm serious as cancer,
When I say rhythm is a dancer."

Bico

"I wouldn't like to see a ghost,
I'd rather have a piece of toast"

"He was a skater boy,
She said see you later boy"

"Anti-gay and anti-dope,
I am the faggot anti-pope"

Bico

The entirety of J-lo's 'Jenny from the block' is worthy of mention, too.

SiriusB

I spit on J-Lo, how irritating can one person be

'I'm still Jenny from the block,
 used to have a little but now I've got a lot'..
.. because you suckers are buying my tripe.

esoteric ed

Funny enough Rac, I play Rhythm is a Dancer each Friday in my old skool DJ slot, I usually get asked for it, I'm still looking for the instrumental though ;-)

Ed

Richmond Clements

Trout

Various bits of dialogue on the theme of:

"So, that means the planet is actually against/for/neutral to the humans, due to the biol/dark matter chain reaction whajamajiggery."

"Oh, now we understand. Well exposited, Mek Quake!"

AAAAGH!

- Trout

SiriusB

Where is that Deborah line from?
I'll put my hand up to having danced to Rhythm is a Dancer but it was a few years ago - and it's comforting to know that line remains as tactless as it ever was.

Trout

Damn! I forgot to mention Khaos!

- Trout

chimpanzor

Mia-heee!
Mia-huuu!
Mia-haha!

silly foreigners. and i just dropped me kin bag of crisps.

Bico

Going back to J-lo: THAT is a FAT ARSE.  It's not a 'big booty', or a 'curved figure', it's a FAT ARSE.
Women have slaved to adhere to some nebulous idea of beauty for years, and I don't see why that fat-bottomed latino minger should be exempt from the process just because she thinks she can act and sing.  Did any of her movies actually set the box-office alight, or go on to be successful in any way at all?  The movies that rely on HER, I mean, as opposed to her co-stars.  Why is this woman a star?  She just seems incredibly unpleasant and rude.

Also, all the english-language dialogue in anime that gets transplanted to western television is improbably difficult to listen to.  Shows like Big O and Neon Genesis Evangelion were pretty good until the Americans got hold of them.
Dialogue in Shaun Hutson novels is pretty dire, too.  Ditto the works of Clive Cussler, though they're supposed to be pulp-style action/adventure stories, not that that's an excuse.

SiriusB

Ohhhh - I love it when someone dares to have an impassioned rant.

Go Bear go!!

Actually she was in Anaconda which had such a wafty script/special effects and too many bad lines to mention - but there were lots of them - trust me.