Main Menu

The Black Dog Thread

Started by Grugz, 02 January, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Been feeling a little....void, recently. The whole job situation, lack of money, concerns about canceling plans, general feeling of isolation.

Nowhere near the worst i've felt in recent years but just frustrating.

JayzusB.Christ

Hang in there, lad. These things don't last.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bolt-01

Hawk - only natural to be a bit flat after the heightened states of anticipation lately.

Just look back at all you have sorted lately and wonder at how awesome you really are (That's how I get through the day!)

Proudhuff

Seconded, look back and compare where you are now, what you've achieved and how far you've come in a few short years.
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Thanks lads, feeling better after a weekend away and time with friends, onwards as ever.

I've been contemplating trying CBD oil as a way of helping deal with anxiety, I know vaping looks dumb as shit but short of not knowing who the fuck would sell the....lets say medicinal herb alternative i've heard a lot of positive stuff out of using it.

JayzusB.Christ

Worth a shot I suppose.  I tried some a while ago; I must say the biggest buzz was the utterly beautiful Russian model* putting it on my tongue**.

*Friend of a friend. Only dates rich guys.

** Don't. You're better than that.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 September, 2019, 10:16:01 PM
... I must say the biggest buzz was the utterly beautiful Russian model* putting it on my tongue**.

The only problem with reading some of these on the most recent posts threads is that sometimes you miss what the post was in relation to.

Missing that context made for some real headscratching in regard to this post and what 'it' was .... :o :o :o

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

I take it back. You really aren't better than that.  :D

Tjm86

Well, this has been a bit of a left-field experience.

Last week was a heavy one with lots going on both with the family (youngest daughter performing at Welsh Millennium Centre) and work (two kids and one parent taking a pop).  Thought I'd weathered it okay.  Bit shaky Friday but got through weekend.

So this morning has come as more than a shock.  Something triggered a cascade and I went from being okay and sorting stuff out for the day to being a quivering wreck trying my best not to wake up the street by screaming my head off which is what I wanted to do.

See this is what I hate about BPD.  How easy it is to swing between states for no apparent reason.  I hate not trusting myself when I have interesting ideas that I think might be helpful.  I hate mild dark thoughts triggering a depressive episode that leaves me incoherent.  I hate being a burden to those around me and inconveniencing people because I can't function properly.  Most of all I hate myself but I'm not sure that is about the BPD.

Sorry, rambling and ranting.  I know it will pass and I will stabilise again.  I know that this will happen again for no clear reason.  Just going to ride it out, accept that it is what it is and pull myself together when it passes.

:|

karlos

It's good to share and get it off your chest, Tjm86.

TordelBack

Not much consolation Tjm86, but you described all that absolutely brilliantly. I was nodding so hard reading it that I think I pulled something in my neck. Think of it like a Star Trek episode where we discover we're all having the same dream: Spock/Data/Sisko/the Doctor would conclude that this means it can't be our particular personal failings, rather it's a hostile alien presence in our minds. And I say beam it back where it came from as often as necessary.

paddykafka

A nice analogy, Tordels and I hope that you get over this current life hurdle, Tjm86. All the best to you.