Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Garageman on 16 April, 2010, 01:13:55 AM
Ezquerra Dredd is the only way to go for Dredd.

Heh, just one of the many ways to go I guess.  Big-boots McMahon Dredd, Flared-helmet McCarthy Dredd, Just-plain-awesome Bolland Dredd... My list goes on and on!

It will be interesting to see how the issue of bringing a character like Dredd, who has been imbued with various artist's personalities, is tackled.  Whether we'll see a really Ezquerra-esque Apocalypse War Dredd, or a Ron Smith Chopper-as-scrawler...  Who knows?  It'd be cool to see, that much is for sure.

I think Ash said something about wanting to produce recognisable artists versions of characters, so we'll just see what we get!

flintlockjaw

Quote from: ming on 16 April, 2010, 01:49:58 AM
Quote from: Garageman on 16 April, 2010, 01:13:55 AM
Ezquerra Dredd is the only way to go for Dredd.

Heh, just one of the many ways to go I guess.  Big-boots McMahon Dredd, Flared-helmet McCarthy Dredd, Just-plain-awesome Bolland Dredd... My list goes on and on!

It will be interesting to see how the issue of bringing a character like Dredd, who has been imbued with various artist's personalities, is tackled.  Whether we'll see a really Ezquerra-esque Apocalypse War Dredd, or a Ron Smith Chopper-as-scrawler...  Who knows?  It'd be cool to see, that much is for sure.

I think Ash said something about wanting to produce recognisable artists versions of characters, so we'll just see what we get!

ooooh...I can imagine a whole line of Dredd figures. Early McMahon Dredd, Late McMahon Dredd...Kev O'Neill Dredd, Steve Dillon Dredd, Kev Walker Dredd, Bisley Dredd, Ron Smith Dredd, Cam Kennedy Dredd, Ian Gibson Dredd, Ezquerra Dredd...the list goes on and on!''

pauljholden

I remember suggesting to rebellion at the time of the Dredd game that you should be able to 'skin' dredd with various artists interpretations of him, running around as McMahon dredd woulda been cool...

Pete Wells

I'd absolutely LOVE a Mechanismo Mk1 robot.

COMMANDO FORCES

coastguardjackuk

Agreed. The price will dictate but still very exciting. As my pal Sven said. "There are 2 types of figures in this world. The ones that sit on a normal shelf in Forbidden Planet and the ones that sit in the big glass cabinet in Forbidden Planet. The difference being the number of zeros at the end of the price" Excelsior !
Building up a nice crust since 1969...

ming

No time for a proper post - stuck in Washington DC due to bloody Iceland...

but.. latest word from Ash:

Tharg

Next week!

woo-hoo!

ThryllSeekyr

Limited Edition, right?

I don't think I will be getting one unless they go unlimited.

COMMANDO FORCES

I think any that make their way down under will be 'very' limited  ;)

ThryllSeekyr

What I meant was that if they are making one version limited edition, probably several speical edition Thargs and then further along the line, they decide to mass produce a regular version that is more likely to reach our shores in Australia. Then I would like to buy one of those if I'm financial by that stage.

ming

Although there's been no official word (and 3A don't publish numbers any more) I doubt Tharg will be that limited except time-wise; if you show up at Bambaland on time with your account registered and have PayPal ready to go, I'm sure you'll get hold of Tharg.

Whether he'll be at the store for a few hours, 24h, days or longer is anyone's guess.  NBo idea if he'll make it to retailers afterwards either, but don't expect it.

Get to Bambaland early and avoid disappointment!

As for versions: all we expect are Regular, with the modern 2000AD logo (should be easy to get) and Classic (with the first 2000AD logo - possibly a bitch to get, but who knows?).

More info when I have it folks - I'm still stuck in DC for now, possibly until the end of the week...

ThryllSeekyr

So to BAMBALAND I went & saw one of those metal robot toys displayed here earlier.

A World War Robot, BRAMBLE. if thats only one kind.

LIke a cross between a Modron.....

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=modron&rls=com.microsoft:en-au:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en-GB&redir_esc=&ei=zwrMS8XwE4zc7AOnodSDAw

.... & a Killa - Kan.

Now if I had the cash spare for one of those, I probably wouldn't have the room, but you have to respect toys made from metal or that atleast appaer to be. As my folks would agree that they are the ones that past the test of time.

No sign of Tharg though, still too early.

ming

tharg could drop any time now

first release is limited, next release will be more mainstream retailer etc, different vintage logo etc

Posted by Ash around 6 hours ago.

Keep your eye on Bambaland and the 3A forum if you can.

(and Thryllseekry, the toys are made of vinyl)

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm looking on the site now and it seems that the only thing for sale at the moment, are those T-Shirts (in the apparel area) with 3A on them. Nothing in the toys area as of yet :-\

Teivion

Yeh, this is a current trend with 3a stuff.
You will receive an email of the launch, this will have a link which will take you to the store page where it is for sale.

Whats def. crucial here is the timing of the email 3a send out- if they are going by their time, it could ( and has been so far) sent Hong Kong time, so for us UK people they seem email at early-o'clock when we are in bed, so by the time we get up- they are all sold out ;-)

It would be nice if the people who have contact with Ash can remind him of the GMT of the email, so the UK audience can get it at a decent hour which would give us time in which to whip out the credit card.

I am sure there are a good many 3a fans who will buy anything they put out ( check out their forum!) so for the 2000AD crew to get a look-in we need to be on the ball ;-)