Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teivion

Looks like a lovely bit of modelling, I would agree the weathering is probably a bit much but it does say 'prototype'.
Looks very cool, and a good job ;-)

ming

I'm pretty happy with how Mongrol looks so far...

I think the final pics will really show how well he's turned out though.  The level of articulation should be insanely good.

And does he have mouth guns, I wonder?

James Stacey

Doesn't he normally have a yellow face ? Couldn't work out why he looked wrong but I think that's it.

Nice looking model but a bit too rusty :D

Steve Green

Personally I'd knock back on the weathering as well - I think it's overpowering the great sculpt at the moment.

Some more dramatic lighting and pose would really bring it to life.

ming

Quote from: James Stacey on 08 November, 2010, 09:44:01 AM
Doesn't he normally have a yellow face ? Couldn't work out why he looked wrong but I think that's it.

Nope!  :)

James Stacey

well done for finding the exception to prove the rule  :lol:

Dunk!

Great sculpt.

Less weathering as mentioned.

Wasn't bothered, now tempted.
"Trust we"

Colin YNWA

Mongrol certainly has a yellow face now but in the past in the early stories he was indeed red faced.

Steven Sterlacchini

Looks very impressive.

Anyone going to have a crack at some stop frame animation with it? ;)

Pity I won't be able to afford it, it would be a cool toy to play with. ;)

Buddy

Quote from: LARF on 08 November, 2010, 08:45:11 AM
Hmmm, not as good as I thought it would be, the finishing and weathering looks a bit rushed and the eyes look stuck on... still nice though.

Ditto.

Body should be bigger or head smaller.

Looks great though... ditto on the stop motion animation.

Mikey

:D

At last! I'm getting into the check out queue already; that's the mental looking Mongrol I've always wanted!

And yeah, that's a prototype and perhaps the torso tweaks mentioned is the amount of weathering. But he was built from scrap after all and is generally in a scrap, so I would expect him to be a bit bashed up looking.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Steven Sterlacchini

I quite like the proportions and weathering.

Although I love some of the later versions of Mongrol, I like that they've gone for the 'old school' first appearance by McMahon. I also like the scrap look, especially if it contrasts against other possible characters, like a shinny Deadlock, for instance.

Though as I can't afford it my support is rather moot.

Steve Green

The talk of animating one is tempting.

I'm not sure how geared up Ash's figures are for animating with, but with good cameras being so cheap you could do a nice little sequence.

ming

Quote from: Steve Green on 08 November, 2010, 03:01:01 PM
The talk of animating one is tempting.

I'm not sure how geared up Ash's figures are for animating with, but with good cameras being so cheap you could do a nice little sequence.

This would probably be pretty good for stop motion, I should think.  Depends on the balance (and those Power Paws are pretty meaty), but the level of articulation in 3A stuff would allow for a huge range of movement...  As long as the joints are tight and balance isn't a big problem, would be nice to give this a shot, with Mongrol trundling along on his paws...

:)

Emperor

Its made Bleeding Cool too:

www.bleedingcool.com/2010/11/08/ashley-woods-mongrol/

I won't be able to justify spending the cash on it but it does look bloody lovely.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+