Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Mine arrived today. Also two badges but one in great condition while one has a slightly iffy ( but now functioning pin). Books both in good nick.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 February, 2015, 11:12:56 AM
The second set arrived here today. Two books and a badge in one card pack, and the mug and another badge (for some reason) in the other.

Looks like Hachette have realised that they may have made a mistake in regards to putting the badge in with the books and have started to put them in with the mugs instead.

Which is probably why I got a second mug and a badge when I only requested a replacement badge.

IndigoPrime

Well, they put one in with my book too (creating a massive dent in it and breaking the badge), along with the one in the mug (also broken).

To those who've been contacting Hachette, by the way, which channel have you been using?

robert_ellis

I downloaded the Facebook messenger app. Replies took 4 days. But this approach worked.

Bat King

Four days isn't good. But it also isn't terrible. If getting answers works that way that's good.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

robert_ellis

If you just need a replacement issue ring up with your sub number - but be patient - much getting cut off and confusion.

IndigoPrime

I'm in no hurry—I just don't want to be yelling into the wind. Ideally, I like to keep things in writing too—the phone's not a great communications medium when things need sorting. I'll try Facebook first and then email.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 February, 2015, 03:38:03 PM
Well, they put one in with my book too (creating a massive dent in it and breaking the badge), along with the one in the mug (also broken).

To those who've been contacting Hachette, by the way, which channel have you been using?

I emailed their customer services and got a response (twice) in 24 hours.

strangelysaucy

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 22 February, 2015, 06:56:56 AM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 February, 2015, 03:38:03 PM

I emailed their customer services and got a response (twice) in 24 hours.

Likewise - reply within 24 hours and replacement badge within a week.
Can't complain at all :D
props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

TordelBack

While I had decided to make like Mega-City 2 and sit out the Apocalypse War (I own 4 versions already), my doting wife picked up a miss-priced copy anyway.  It's another very nice book, lovely crisp repro, and the colour cover gallery is most welcome: surprising how a 30 year-old story still engages on every page, with McMahon's and Dillon's episodes in particular looking like they could have been drawn yesterday.

Some of the captions  referencing 'Judge Caligula' betray the origins of the film as being the Titan volumes, which explains the absence of the colour spreads: obviously this is what Rebellion has to hand, the spreads may not exist in any useable form outside of a sustained hunt through collectorland, which for STG£10 seems unreasonable to expect. 

However, one thing emerged from this morning's reading: Tharg, if you're listening, I WILL buy a SIXTH copy of this story if you track down those centrespreads.  Promise.

Apestrife

Since it seems some stories are getting spread out, "Blood and duty" (from Brothers of the blood.) showing up in America and "The Spirit of Christmas" (from Tour of Duty bk1) showing up in the end of Origins partwork book.

Any ideas if that'll for example means that Spirit of christmas won't show up in the first ToD book? Even if it isn't, I still think the flow of the story would be intact. Dredd's inspection of the camps is more than enough to make sense out of things without Dredd's threat of resignation being present. And the story is still in Origins, making it behind the scenes of sorts.

"Blood and duty" and "The spirit of Christmas" makes for really good stories to end both of the said books. Makes Dredd feel more complex. Not only is he having doubts about the system, but there's also regrets on Vienna.

I'd quite like if the Brothers of the blood material would be spread out. Blood and duty really fit the America book IMO, and I think it'd be really cool if "Brothers of the Blood" found it's way in the back of Total War together with "Caught in the Act" . Wouldn't mind if "The satanist" got omitted either, I think "Brothers of the blood" alone does a much better job with Vienna's place in the Dredd family.

Jade Falcon

A question here.  I notice that Shamballa is a forthcoming book.  I have a very thin Anderson graphic novel entitled Shamballa, are you telling me that that is the only story I will get in that book, or are there other stories related to that that I will get?  The Shamballa book I have is a large format, but very slim one.  Same with Tale of A Dead man which had A Letter to Judge Dredd and Krakens assesment.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 22 February, 2015, 07:39:13 PM
A question here.  I notice that Shamballa is a forthcoming book.  I have a very thin Anderson graphic novel entitled Shamballa, are you telling me that that is the only story I will get in that book, or are there other stories related to that that I will get?

No, there's about six colour Grant/Ranson stories in the book, including Shamballa and Satan.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bat King

All the books in this series are the same thikness so there are almost always supporting stories. They'll be picked to go along with the main story but could be from any period between 1977 and now regarding original publication.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 22 February, 2015, 07:42:21 PM
No, there's about six colour Grant/Ranson stories in the book, including Shamballa and Satan.

Ah, good to know, many thanks.  I would be kinda put off if that had been the case, but considering what they've done with America I didn't think they would.  Of the three books released so far, I had only read Apocalypse War.  I stopped reading 2000AD regularly when Rogue Trooper got messed up by a cliffhanger in the aftermath of the whole Nort and Souther command staff getting assasinated.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov