Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

Mattofthespurs

Pleasant surprise to receive The Cursed Earth & Swimming in Blood volumes this morning. I wasn't expecting them for at least another week.

The Swimming in Blood cover is different from the PDF review that Bat King reviewed. I also received the final subscribers gift of the book ends.

The Swimming in Blood cover that I got is shown on the advert on the back of next weeks 2000 AD.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

dancornwell

kingzud

First the partworks Marvel collections. Then the partworks Dredd Mega collection. Now just found this from Eaglemoss...

This Eaglemoss collection has been running in Germany since the start of the year. Just found this webpage advertising for UK subscriptions.....

https://www.eaglemoss.com/en-gb/comic-heroes/dc-comic-books/

However, it does not appear to be on eaglemoss main site...

https://www.eaglemoss.com/en-gb/

Anyone else aware of it. Wondering if this is a test release, to be rolled out in the UK nationally if there is enough interest.

Tjm86

Quote from: dancornwell on 10 May, 2015, 04:51:38 PM
Anyone received the premium sub prints yet?

First one with issue 10 according to the Hachete site, so should be next month.

robert_ellis

Saw the eaglemoss dc heroes collection - interestingly the spines are labelled which makes cherry picking more likely. The page count must be 130 ish if Hush is split over 2 books. Makes Dredd look a bargain.

robert_ellis

It's not classy but it is funny. Devlin Waugh sizes up Dredd's stick!

dancornwell

Quote from: Tjm86 on 10 May, 2015, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: dancornwell on 10 May, 2015, 04:51:38 PM
Anyone received the premium sub prints yet?

First one with issue 10 according to the Hachete site, so should be next month.

Oh good'o. And looking forward to those 2 new ones. It's a great collection

glassstanley

Hmm. Trying to work out how the Mega-Epic numbering section works.
32- The Cursed Earth (confirmed)
33- The Day The Law Died
34- The Judge Child
35- ?
36- The Apocalypse War (confirmed)

Any guesses?

I, Cosh

We never really die.

robert_ellis

Mardroid

I found the latest 2 collections, with book-ends, waiting when I got home.

I've read the Cursed Earth before as part of the Case Files, and I believe I've read some Devlin Waugh, but I'm not sure how far I got. Be interested to see what's in these collections...

Just read The Heavy Mob. My verdict:

Holocaust 12 stuff: Lovely art in the first story. The second was rather muddly looking. The stories... so so. I don't dislike any of the stuff in this collection but this wasn't entirely my cup of tea.

Brit-Cit Brute: Rather amusing in places.

Wynter: Hmm. Undecided. Found it a bit difficult to work out what was going on.

Father Earth: I've read this before elswhere. Yes, it's pretty good. I do find the older narration style a bit to get used to but the story was good.

Debris: This was relatively recent wasn't it? It's very welcome though. Actually one of my favourite stories in this collection. l love PJ Holden's art style.

Warzone. Wow. They left the best 'til last. I found some of the action scenes a bit hard to follow (but this was not the only story in this collection where that's the case. I'm pretty rubbish at following action stuff in comics...) but that was very enjoyable and touching. First time reading it to. I guess it was in the Meg either before my time, or in the time period between buying it. (I've stuck with the Prog since I first subscribed, but with the Meg I've come and gone. ) So good.

IndigoPrime

My sub arrived, with the bookends. The first set in great condition, and so naturally I dropped the damn things on the floor while trying to make room on the desk. Some kind of cosmic joke, clearly.