Main Menu

Announcing a New, Comic-Based Web Community ? Comic Book Scoop!

Started by CBScoop, 27 August, 2005, 08:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CBScoop

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Chad Halsey
www.comicbookscoop.com
comicbookscoop@yahoo.com

Announcing a New, Comic-Based Web Community ? Comic Book Scoop!

Bay City, MI -- Visit http://www.comicbookscoop.com/ to get in on the ground floor of the newest and most innovative comic book community on the web. Comic Book Scoop utilizes the ?Blogiverse? to enhance and expand the comic book community.

?My goal is to create an online fanzine,? said Chad Halsey, the owner of Comic Book Scoop. ?I hope this new website will become THE place on the web for comic fans, artists, writers, professionals, amateurs and curious bystanders to exchange opinions about the latest events in the industry, collaborate on new projects, and brainstorm ways to expand the ranks of comic book fans.?

Comic Book Scoop incorporates blogging technology which will allow individuals to create their own blog, or online journal, to write about whatever interests them. ?The focus of the site will be comics,? added Chad, ?but I want it to be more about building a community where all of the members just happen to be comic fans.?

One of the features that is particularly new and innovative is the ability of members of Comic Book Scoop's community to create ?books?. A book is a collaborative effort: users can write and create art for pages of the book, position the pages in the right order, and review or modify pages previously created.

Comic Book Scoop also uses RSS (Really Simple Syndication) technology to allow users to syndicate content from the site into a newsreader and will incorporate RSS feeds from comic publishers and creators who provide them. ?I want to make Comic Book Scoop a one-stop location for people to read about news, previews and reviews of the latest happenings in the industry,? said Chad.

Other features of Comic Book Scoop include the ability to comment on other's blog entries, private message other members of the community, build buddy lists, and vote in online polls.

?Comics have often been written-off as a medium for children. While that is partially true, those of us who read comics know that it is a much broader art form than it is often given credit for,? said Chad. ?Hopefully this new site will help to illuminate a broader audience about the educational and artistic attributes of comic books.?

The web site is free to the public and will be advertiser supported.

# # #

Link: http://www.comicbookscoop.com/" target="_blank">Comic Book Scoop